Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: News

News

The cover of Prador Moon is now up on my site http://freespace.virgin.net/n.asher under 'books' and you can see it here on the Night Shade site: http://www.nightshadebooks.com/book.aspx?bookid=133

Okay, yesterday I finally succumbed and started my own blog. There's not much on it yet, but I'm sure there will be. I'm entering 'grumpy old man' territory and seem to find something to rant and rave about every day!

Here it is: http://theskinner.blogspot.com/

'Check elastic before jumping' my SF short is appearing in the 22 June issue of Nature. Funny, the envelope they sent the magazine in was addressed to Dr. Neal Asher. I guess that's a precaution they take with all their contributors.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The blog's good, Neal. (or is that Doctor Neal? )

How are you finding the experience so far?

Is the Nature contribution anything like the one done last year with people like Peter Hamilton (and few other authors - Steven Baxter, I think?) contributing?

Sounds interesting!

Hobbit
    Mark

Macmillan have agreed a new deal with Bastei Lubbe in Germany for the next two books, Polity Agent and Hilldiggers. Great stuff - the German publisher is always the first to buy rights to my books, quite often without even reading them.

Apparently both Brass Man and Sable Keech have been their top SF Titles for their months of publication and have been given full-page trade ads, rather than the usual half pages.

GemQuest Moderator Gary Wassner's Avatar
    That's great Neal. You're very lucky. My publisher has never attempted to sell foreign rights for me, and I've not tried myself either.

What I need is a good agent who can do this stuff. I have a great one for my children's msp's, but not for my adult work.

How do your sales in the US compare to Europe?

I don't have an agent myself, but one of the best SFF ones around is Simon Kavanagh at Mic Cheetham's. He has just started a blog here: http://simonkavanagh.blogspot.com/ (the lunatic).

I don't know how my books are doing in America. I rather suspect I'm not selling a vast amount else the publisher there would have grabbed more than just four of them. I must find out.

http://theskinner.blogspot.com/

Thereís to be a bit of a do at Heffers Bookshop in the Grafton Centre, Cambridge, on 2nd November starting at 6.30pm. Numerous writers, including me, will be there to sign books and generally wander around and chat. Hereís the attendance list thus far:

Neal Asher
    Steve Cockayne
    Mike Carey
    Erin Hunter
    Eoin McNamee
    Matthew Skelton
    Mark Robson
    SF Said
    Amanda Hemingway
    Philip Reeve
    John George
    Paul Kearney
    Sam Enthoven
    Heulwen Jones
    James Barclay
    Justina Robson
    Stan Nicholls
    John Courtney Grimwood
    Mark Chadbourne
    Chaz Brenchley
    Juliet McKenna

Polity Agent

I'll be signing copies of Polity Agent (and other books) on the 7th of October between 1 and 2 at the Forbidden Planet in London.

Updated List.

I nicked this from elsewhere:

Heffers 2nd Science Fiction & Fantasy Evening will be on Thursday 2nd November from 6.30pm. Tickets are £2.00 each, this is redeemable against a purchase made on the night. Under 15s go free, but still require an entry ticket.

For further information or to purchase tickets, please contact Heffers Bookshop, The Grafton Centre, Cambridge or telephone 01223 568573 or email sarah.whyley@heffers.co.uk.
    We have a fantastic line-up again this year and the evening will be free from speeches and readings, just a chance to meet some fantastic authors, get books signed and mingle.

The line-up is as follows:

Mark Chadbourn, Chaz Brenchley, Stan Nicholls, James Barclay, Jon Courtenay Grimwood, Neal Asher, Justina Robson, Jon George, Mike Carey, Steve Cockayne, Juliet E McKenna, Jessica Rydill, Amanda Hemingway, Paul Kearney, Mark Robson, Sam Enthoven, Ian Whates, Simon Satori Hendley, S F Said, Matthew Skelton, Eoin McNamee, Erin Hunter, Angie Sage, Philip Reeve and Peter F Hamilton.

Dragon Page Interview.

Well, Iím not entirely sure how this sounds Ö that is, I donít want to listen to it myself because I know I was talking too fast, Iíd had a beer or two, and listening to myself always makes me cringe, but hereís the Dragon Page interview: http://www.dragonpage.com/2007/02/05...-to-cover-249/

any signings essex way in the future? :-p

None planned, though I often drop in at the Waterstones and Ottakars in Chelmsford to sign their copies.

Quote Originally Posted by nealasher View Post
    None planned, though I often drop in at the Waterstones and Ottakars in Chelmsford to sign their copies.
    hmm i may have to try onetime if you are going then, perhaps next release - chelmsford is a bitch to get to on the train from southend though.... :-o thanks for the response though :-)

Oaky, here's an interview with me up at fantasybookcritic.