Short Stories comments and stuff...

I'm a bit of newbie here, so just humour me if i'm asking obvious questions...

I've been browsing for a couple of days and i love the site, i've been reading through steve savage's essays and looking at the short stories!! One thing i've noticed, is there isn't an option for a printable version of the essays and stories, is there something i've missed? would it be possible to impliment, so it's possible to get whole stories on one page so it's easy to print? just a thought.

From looking at the short stories, i've noticed that there isn't much comment on them. I've looked at the writing board and there aren't many comments about stories, is this because they aren't really read? or just a lack of commenting? Would it be possible to add a comments section for each story so you can see what people think of a story right next to it? or add a synopsis for the stories there, so we can get an idea of which ones we'd want to read? 'cause there are 103 short stories, and i've no idea which ones are any good or rated highly or what!

At the end of the day i'm only ranting, and it's a great site - just what i've been looking for!!

I'm the law... Administrator daigoro's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forum Oldman :-)

I would say that your comments are right on spot, some of your suggestions are actually already in the works (synopsis part and creating a better "index" of the stories). The other ideas are also on the todo list, but in the end it all depends on how much Iím able to automate with the server and software that runs the site.

Gets a bit technical here, but it is part of the reasonÖ The thing is that I really canít afford the Lotus Notes Domino server I wish I had, something that would have made all your suggestions real easy to implement, so itís also partly a money-issue...

...and not to forget the time issue (since Iím running the site more or less on my own as a hobby).

Dag

Cheers Dag, yeah that's the one problem with running websites - people do nothing but moan about "why can't you do this, why can't you do that??" and at the end of the day you've got a 9-5 to hold down!!!

I set up a site about a year ago, just a small personal one really and i found this funky little code that counted the number of days since it was last updated, and said "Last update: xx days ago". I think it's still up there somewhere getting close to the 300 days mark?!?!

So in the mean time, do you have any personal recommendations for the short stories?

Cheers