Page 105 of 239 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3571
  1. #1561
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwagginz View Post
    My poor snow


    What's strange here is that even if your relative lives say, five or ten minutes away by car, they might not recycle whereas you do. My nan's recycling is different to ours, I believe, because it's a different council.
    We have different recycling now we have moved but not into sperates.
    We have a waste, recycling and garden refuse wheelie bins.

  2. #1562
    Registered User Loerwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,254
    Y'know, I think today's been a pretty poor day. It's dragged, I feel like I've gotten nothing done (Well, I did tidy my bookshelf a bit and I also gave my room a quick tidy) and it's just been a bit dull.

    Mind you, not really felt like I'm upto much at the moment, especially with this terrible sleeping I've got at the moment. I turn off at about 11:30 after roughly an hour of reading, and I seem to routinely wake up between 3 and 5, and from 6-8:30 it's highly erratic and I spend the last hour or so just turning in my bed.

    Still, it's an improvement over the past year or so, where I'd go to bed between 1 and 3am, and wake up between 11 and 12. So, I'm awake longer now and I keep more reasonable hours, which is always good. Mind you, a lot's changed over the past year.

    Ho diddly hum.

  3. #1563
    it could be worse Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,854
    Blog Entries
    18
    Procrastinating! Need to type and re-write. Bad tmso - go type!

  4. #1564
    Art Student Ramirez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    241
    I'm sitting in studio, still working on my bamboo skewer and hot glue sculpture. All I have left to do is make my head. It's due friday and these are the last two studio work days of the semester. I'm pumped and stressed at the same time.

  5. #1565
    Art Student Ramirez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwagginz View Post
    Y'know, I think today's been a pretty poor day. It's dragged, I feel like I've gotten nothing done (Well, I did tidy my bookshelf a bit and I also gave my room a quick tidy) and it's just been a bit dull.

    Mind you, not really felt like I'm upto much at the moment, especially with this terrible sleeping I've got at the moment. I turn off at about 11:30 after roughly an hour of reading, and I seem to routinely wake up between 3 and 5, and from 6-8:30 it's highly erratic and I spend the last hour or so just turning in my bed.

    Still, it's an improvement over the past year or so, where I'd go to bed between 1 and 3am, and wake up between 11 and 12. So, I'm awake longer now and I keep more reasonable hours, which is always good. Mind you, a lot's changed over the past year.

    Ho diddly hum.
    Hell yeah. I love getting into a go to bed at midnight and wake up around 8 or so schedule. Right now school has me all messed up. I go to bed at 3 AM when studio closes, wake up at 8:30 for history, nap at 10:30, wake up at 12:30 for studio, get done with studio at 5, eat, and then work until 3. It's an insane cycle that I'm excited to take a break from.

  6. #1566
    Speaking of recycling...

    I just found out Christmas cards wth glitter on ( I loooooove glitter) can't be recycled!
    So I think the best thing is too reuse them instead.

  7. #1567
    Registered User JunkMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slap Bang in the Middle of Infinity
    Posts
    1,602
    Wondering if it's worth trying to defrost the water main. I've no water to half of my house.

  8. #1568
    Registered User Loerwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,254
    In that case, JM, I would think the effort to be worth it.

  9. #1569
    Registered User JunkMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slap Bang in the Middle of Infinity
    Posts
    1,602
    As it turned out it warmed up enough by itself to come back on but a few more days like this and I'll have to start doing things like walking around the garden with kettles of hot water and pouring them down holes in the garden.

  10. #1570
    Boba Fett Lives Daddy Darth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Annapolis Valley Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,624
    WOO-HOO

    I just got off the phone with my District Manager and I am getting back my vacation week that magically disapeared when there was a change in computer systems that only looked at my technical start date, not what I was credited with when I got hired.

    What a relief. I have had 4 weeks for a long time. Going back to three would have blown and resulted in a bad fight.

    Gloves are off. Well that only took about a month to resolve.

  11. #1571
    Registered User Loerwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,254
    Better late than never, eh Daddy D? Hopefully you'll get to take it off as soon as you need to

  12. #1572
    Registered User JunkMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slap Bang in the Middle of Infinity
    Posts
    1,602
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkMonkey View Post
    As it turned out it warmed up enough by itself to come back on but a few more days like this and I'll have to start doing things like walking around the garden with kettles of hot water and pouring them down holes in the garden.
    But it had ****ing burst too. Arse! Tomorrow is going to be spent under my bathroom floor, lying on my back in a couple of inches of ice cold water, fixing the ****er.

  13. #1573
    Registered User Loerwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,254
    Damn, that sucks JM. I hope you can get it fixed quickly!

  14. #1574
    Reader Moderator NickeeCoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,617
    I'm waiting for my Swiss Chalet to arrive. I'm tired and I'm not gonna cook.

    Edit:

    And lookee there. Just as I pressed send, the doorbell rang.

  15. #1575
    Registered User JunkMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slap Bang in the Middle of Infinity
    Posts
    1,602
    Quote Originally Posted by NickeeCoco View Post
    I'm waiting for my Swiss Chalet to arrive. I'm tired and I'm not gonna cook.
    I have no idea what this means.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •