Page 15 of 239 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Stumbled onto a late night showing of The Chronicles of Riddick on TNT. Fun late night movie.

Bard of Tending in Ileadh Maerad(",)'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love that movie.
    ----
    making a website.

Whining about my throat infection and sore shoulder - I had my H1N1 immunization yesterday. Man that bugger hurts.

I'm making myself some eggs for lunch and eyeing the pile of dirty dishes on my counter. I know I should get them washed (they're the 'not dishwasher safe' ones), but I don't really want to. . . But it's my turn.

Quote Originally Posted by NickeeCoco View Post
    I'm making myself some eggs for lunch and eyeing the pile of dirty dishes on my counter. I know I should get them washed (they're the 'not dishwasher safe' ones), but I don't really want to. . . But it's my turn.
    We don't even have a dishwasher, so me and the wifey fight over who gets to wash dishes pretty much daily. Yay!

I'm in my Property Class trying with all my might to pay attention and failing miserably.

My wife got me a dishwasher 5 years ago for my birthday b/c we had a baby and washing dishes had somehow become one of "my jobs" and she felt bad for me with all the baby bottles. It has been the best thing ever. I love it I love it I love it.

Property class - the very sound of it induced me to yawn.

Law school will do that to you. I had my wife review a paper of mine and she now refuses to do so again, it was so boring.

My dream is to have a dishwasher, though. We went to relatives for Thanksgiving and I was like, don't worry I'll get the dishes and proceeded to load their dishwasher, so really it didn't even feel like I was doing anything.

Seak,
    Some day you'll be pulling down the big bucks and can buy any dishwasher you please. Just make sure you enquire as to its effectiveness with peanut butter - this is apparently the hardest substance on earth for the average dishwasher to deal with. And let me tell you with two little kids we go through jars of the stuff. STICKY!

Quote Originally Posted by Seak View Post
    Law school will do that to you. I had my wife review a paper of mine and she now refuses to do so again, it was so boring.

My dream is to have a dishwasher, though. We went to relatives for Thanksgiving and I was like, don't worry I'll get the dishes and proceeded to load their dishwasher, so really it didn't even feel like I was doing anything.
    We just got the dishwasher back in April. It's a portable one, 'cos our kitchen is the original late 40s kitchen (with everything including the yellow and black subway tile. . . ). I like it, thing is it doesn't have a lot of water pressure, so we can't use certain types of dishwasher detergent and we have to use it on the hardcore setting (which takes two hours and fourteen minutes. Don't try taking a shower when the thing is on). It's also on the same circuit as the microwave and television, so you can't have the thing running when those are running. That gets annoying. However, it beats having to wash everything by hand. We got the thing at Sears for $500. Best $500 I've ever spent.

Darth,
    That's really good to know, note to self: check peanut butter settings on future dishwasher.

Nickee,
    We've been thinking of looking into one of those portable ones. The problem is we don't have any room in the kitchen. I'm considering using my newly found lawyering skills to convince the apartment owners to buy us a dishwasher.

Quote Originally Posted by Seak View Post
    Nickee,
    We've been thinking of looking into one of those portable ones. The problem is we don't have any room in the kitchen. I'm considering using my newly found lawyering skills to convince the apartment owners to buy us a dishwasher.
    Think of it as extra counter space. That's what we do. In fact, I use it regularly as a meal prep surface.

I'm sat here waiting for my mum to come back with a McDonalds (she's gone out with work friends and my sister to see Paranormal Activity at the cinema), and just wondering what to do.

Half considering getting the recycling in my room done.

Grows a lily on a briar Echowindsong's Avatar
    I alternate between Edil-Amarandh, Narnia, Alagaesia, Agrabah, Bayern, Araulen, and the real world.
    Blog Entries
    I'm supposed to be working on a persuasive paper for my Language Arts class.

Bard of Tending in Ileadh Maerad(",)'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am supposed to be sleeping right now.

reading this post