Page 220 of 239 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 3571
    Quote Originally Posted by NickeeCoco View Post
    I was awake when they pulled mine out. Got a nice view of a clean scapel going in, and a bloody one going out. Same goes for when they stitched me up. Hopefully you get put under when they do yours.
    Yeah, I did. I can't deal with people messing around in my mouth.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksbane View Post
    Yeah, I did. I can't deal with people messing around in my mouth.
    I think it is more common now, but back when mine got pulled, they did all four of my wisdom teeth and four of my premolars (I think). Anyway, I woke up with eight less teeth in my mouth. I felt violated, but after the pain went away, it felt good. Until the braces went on.

Damn. I hadn't thought about that for decades.

Thanks...not.

Quote Originally Posted by tmso View Post
    I think it is more common now, but back when mine got pulled, they did all four of my wisdom teeth and four of my premolars (I think). Anyway, I woke up with eight less teeth in my mouth. I felt violated, but after the pain went away, it felt good. Until the braces went on.

Damn. I hadn't thought about that for decades.

Thanks...not.
    At least you're only thinking about it. I'm dealing with it right now.

Although, just 3 out for me. And only one area seems to be in pain. Still a little bleeding though, which I thought would have stopped by now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksbane View Post
    Still a little bleeding though, which I thought would have stopped by now.
    Bah! Don't worry about that. There's more where that came from.

Quote Originally Posted by tmso View Post
    Bah! Don't worry about that. There's more where that came from.
    Yuk.

Blog Entries
    Hashing titles out right now with my publisher. We've gone through Lupus, Lupis, Lupine, and now we're on Wolfen and Wolven. I prefer Wolfen or Wolven, but notice that Whitley Streiber has a copyright notice next to the movie version of Wolfen. Wolven has also been used. My tentative title so far is "The Wolfen Strain."

What a confusing mess this has turned out to be. We're about to hit the galley stage and we're still arguing, fussing and emailing back and forth.

chris

Man, now my hairstylist for the wedding is moving away! Why does everyone I book decide to get up and change their roots? (and no, it's not because I hound them. I'm getting that joke before it comes out. I meet them, I book them and then promptly never talk to them again. At least, not until a month before the wedding.)

This sucks.

Blog Entries
    Answering some neat fan mail from my latest release. This always starts my day off with a good attitude, and it doesn't happen that often.

chris

I don't usually talk about work here, but I'll make an exception for this. I just got home from playing a fabulous string quartet gig. It was the last night on the Titanic at one of the five-star restaurants in town. I had to play little bits and pieces here and there, but I was also served the dinner. It was seven-course meal, each course paired with a really good wine. There was an appetizer, a salmon course, a filet mignon course, a sorbet course (and as we were first class, it was laced with white wine, rum, and champagne), a quail course, an asparagus course, and a dessert course. It was to die for. As a quartet member, I got free admission for me and my partner (and was paid to be there on top of it). Tickets would have been $175 per person for the meal. I'm one sated, happy dude right now.

There was also a historian that narrated each course with talk about customs of the day and biographical stories about the people on board the ship.

Really fun night.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erfael View Post
    Really fun night.
    Oh, you lucky, lemur!

It sounds like it was a fabulous night. Glad you get a chance to enjoy it. And I'm sure you earned it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickeeCoco View Post
    This sucks.
    I'm sure that you'll find someone else - that's better. Good luck with your search.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceratops View Post
    Answering some neat fan mail from my latest release.
    That's great! Woohoo!

I can't imagine getting fan mail. Hate mail, yes, but not fan mail.

Good to hear Erfy, and Nickee? Nooo

Right now I'm eating breakfast and trying not to move my arms, because my shoulders ache rather painfully due to a six hour shift yesterday at my new job. Owies.

Blog Entries
    Kicking back and waiting for quite a few publisher responses. Got two books rejected, via agent sub, on two titles. Encouraging words, but "Nos" nevertheless. Agent now has my brand new YA distopian SF, so she'll read it and get back to me on suggestions and improvements, if any.

chris

Quote Originally Posted by Triceratops View Post
    Kicking back and waiting for quite a few publisher responses. Got two books rejected, via agent sub, on two titles. Encouraging words, but "Nos" nevertheless. Agent now has my brand new YA distopian SF, so she'll read it and get back to me on suggestions and improvements, if any.

chris
    Jeebus that must be stressful as all hell.

I do not (yes I do) look forward to the summer/fall when I'm ready to get my manuscript out there and i'm refreshing my email every 5 minutes for three months.

Right now my kids are watching Mike the Knight on Nick Jr.- I am listening to that and about to do some more A.I. research.