Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread: Books to TV/Movies?
August 29th, 2014, 12:07 PM #1
Books to TV/Movies?
So I am just looking for information from anyone in the know about these things. I have googled, but it appears like some have purchased the rights, but none are in any kind of development.
- King Killer Chronicles - Looks like they want to option this for a TV show. They were selling the pilot script and rights. Unsure what has happened to it since then.
- Warded Man - There has been movies talks for awhile, specially on Peter's forum. But it doesn't appear to be going anywhere. The popularity died off quite a bit after the failures of the latest couple books I'm guessing.
- Mistborn - There is a game in dev. Anyone know anything about it? But also talk about the rights were sold to make it awhile ago...again nothing since then(that I can find).
- Wheel of Time - IMDB has had this up for years, teasing fans. - I hear the same as the rest..the rights were purchased, but nothing gets made.
- Dark Tower - JJ Abrams almost made these movies. He agreed with Stephen King to do. They had a plan. As soon as LOST was over, they would start working on this. Everyone was excited. Lost ended...and he changed his mind. Wanted to do Star Wars/Trek instead. Then Ron Howard got the job. Last I heard is this... Which really doesn't explain where they are at with it right now.
August 29th, 2014, 06:24 PM #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
I would love if the first four made it to the screen but I just could never get into the Dark Tower. As for Wheel of Time, given its size and scope I would think only an HBO undertaking could do the series any justice.
August 29th, 2014, 08:33 PM #3
King Killer only got optioned last year and Rothfuss needs to finish the trilogy. So that might happen in a few years. Dark Tower has the best shot at being made. Wheel of Time would have to be a series and very few could attempt it. Since HBO did Game of Thrones, they are unlikely to do Jordan's epic. So the odds are actually low on it, especially since it has races that would require a lot of CGI. Games take a number of years to develop, so Mistborn the game will probably pop up eventually. Warded Man sounds like it's a bit in development hell, but if Paul Anderson still wants to direct, it has a shot of being made. It would make a good dark fantasy horror mid-budget series, but those vary on how well they do, so it will probably take awhile to get something out.
August 30th, 2014, 11:50 PM #4
- Join Date
- Mar 2013
I know it didn't go anywhere, but there was talk at one time for a Malazan based movie.... if I remember correctly Gardens of the Moon was originally written with this in mind..... Malazan would be tough as hell to do right though.
August 31st, 2014, 02:10 PM #5