Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 918
  1. #211
    Fulgurous Moderator KatG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    In a Cloud
    Posts
    12,334
    Is anyone else having trouble seeing some of the covers or is it just my computer?

  2. #212
    Jack Bauer Bastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bastard Books
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by KatG View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble seeing some of the covers or is it just my computer?
    I'll be straight with you, your computer sucks. Does that answer it?

    Any in particular not showing up? At least the last page shows completely for me.

  3. #213
    Fulgurous Moderator KatG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    In a Cloud
    Posts
    12,334
    It's a recent problem and it's even effected my post. Sometimes the images are there, but others are gone and then if I come back to the thread, then there are more images, but others are gone. Must be some sort of glitch.

  4. #214
    Jack Bauer Bastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bastard Books
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by KatG View Post
    It's a recent problem and it's even effected my post. Sometimes the images are there, but others are gone and then if I come back to the thread, then there are more images, but others are gone. Must be some sort of glitch.
    When it happens, try to see if the images you're having trouble with are images that have been hotlinked to another site, that can often bring problems to some individuals. At times me.

  5. #215
    The New ... MARK LAWRENCE Mark Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    504
    Blog Entries
    3
    I'd be interested in any thoughts on this for a cover...

    I make it 33 swords btw.

    Cheers,
    Mark



  6. #216
    Fulgurous Moderator KatG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    In a Cloud
    Posts
    12,334
    It's pretty! (Okay, so I'm strange.) But I will say that this is certainly an interesting way to do a hooded figure one.

  7. #217
    I think it's a great concept - personally I'd go with a less innocent face.

  8. #218
    Third Eye
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Lawrence View Post
    I'd be interested in any thoughts on this for a cover...

    I make it 33 swords btw.

    Cheers,
    Mark


    Remarkable. Thank you Mark.

  9. #219
    Third Eye
    Guest
    One of my all time favorites.



    My all time favorite.


  10. #220
    The New ... MARK LAWRENCE Mark Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    504
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
    One of my all time favorites.

    My all time favorite. [Rothfuss - Name of the Wind]

    That's a great picture - very atmospheric. When I see a cover like that I really wish the title/author could be in small print in a corner

    Mark

  11. #221
    Quagaar Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    in a dice bag
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Lawrence View Post
    I'd be interested in any thoughts on this for a cover...
    great cover! any chance you can tell us who the artist is? i can't quite make it out from the signature.

  12. #222
    The New ... MARK LAWRENCE Mark Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    504
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by barfly View Post
    great cover! any chance you can tell us who the artist is? i can't quite make it out from the signature.
    It looks to me like 'Jason Chan' and that makes sense since he's done work for Ace Books and it's a cover for Ace Books... but I can't say so with 100% confidence. I will check.

    Mark

  13. #223
    I always liked this one... coolest dragon ever!



    And this one book was bought, largely on the coolness of the cover. Well, that at least got my attention, but I did think the premise could've been good if executed well.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...283155&s=books

    I'm sure I could find some others if I went through my novels, but these are what spring to mind from our particular genre.

    wf

  14. #224
    Quagaar Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    in a dice bag
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Lawrence View Post
    It looks to me like 'Jason Chan' ....
    yup, quite so. i didn't find that specific image but one can see on his site, http://www.jasonchanart.com/gallery.htm , that the signature is the same.

    looking forward to your book coming out. has it got an ISBN yet? if yes and you're willing please post or PM it. cheers!

  15. #225
    The New ... MARK LAWRENCE Mark Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    504
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by barfly View Post
    yup, quite so. i didn't find that specific image but one can see on his site, http://www.jasonchanart.com/gallery.htm , that the signature is the same.

    looking forward to your book coming out. has it got an ISBN yet? if yes and you're willing please post or PM it. cheers!

    It's a nice site - he does great work. It's always been a disappointment to me that I couldn't draw well - it must be very satisfying.

    The book (Prince of Thorns) has just been listed on Amazon UK but I don't think the publishers put it there, the details have probably been lifted from a list. There's no cover, description etc - it isn't out until August 2011. Will be out in the States and in French/German/Spanish/Dutch/Italian too.

    The ISBN quoted on Amazon UK is:
    ISBN-10: 0007423292
    ISBN-13: 978-0007423293

    Apparently it's already soared to number 452,560 in sales

    Cheers,
    Mark

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •