Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    I've always liked those MST covers.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterWilliam View Post
    I have the paperback of that book, with the same artwork (Although the rest of the cover is different). I'm thinking I'll get the second and third in the old Orbit covers, but get the last one (As I'm in the UK) in the new Orbit cover, because I do really like it. Or I might just get the old one for the sake of completion.

Michael Whelan is a good artist, and I like the work he did on these covers.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterWilliam View Post
    You're right. The trilogy consisted of three books. The mmpb and re-releases have turned To Green Angel Tower into two volumes. I still have the HC originals I bought when the series was released.

I still have these 3 in storage...

But I have never seen this one...Beautiful...
    Quote Originally Posted by Loerwyn View Post
    I thought I'd add a new cover to my 'favourites' It's for a book I'm somewhere in the region of 1600-2400 pages away from reading, but I do quite like the Orbit UK cover, which is a bit unusual for me.

It's the cover for book 4 of Tad William's Memory, Sorrow & Thorn, named To Green Angel Tower: Storm (Which I believe is actually part two of book three, but I could be wrong).

Sadly, that's the biggest I could find. I like the lighting effect on it, along with the colours. It's quite simplistic, but interesting to look at. I do think it'd look better without the text floating about over the imagery, but it's still fairly good with it on.

Quote Originally Posted by JT Billow View Post
    I still have these 3 in storage...
    One of the greatest trilogies ever written. I have those same three. To Green Angel Tower is probably the best book three of a trilogy I have ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Erfael View Post
    I've always liked those MST covers.
    Well, yeah. 1980s Michael Whelan is 100% Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_B View Post
    Great link, JM.
    Agreed. Thanks for sharing, JM.

Randy M.

I've just come across another artist I like the work of. I've seen it over the years, but only just found out who it is. His name is Keith Parkinson, and he's done covers for the two Terrys (Brooks and Goodkind), and he's got the old-style of art. I'll just post the one piece, as it arrived today on a book cover. It's for Brooks' The Tangle Box, which is the fourth Landover novel.

I'm confused as to why Willow is wearing clothes, though, although that's a nice fit around her rear (Sorry!). I suppose it's just so there's not a naked woman on the cover, but I'll find out soon enough.

Parkinson along with Larry Elmore was a fixture in RPG art through much of the 80s. He's the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by DailyRich View Post
    Parkinson along with Larry Elmore was a fixture in RPG art through much of the 80s. He's the goods.
    Yes, Elmore did all the DragonLance covers and always maintained a close relationship with Weis/Hickman.

Sadly, Keith Parkinson passed away in 2005. (He did the cover for The Deed of Paksenarrion which I just finished). He also did this great cover for The Talismans of Shanarra

He did? Aww, that sucks. His art style is really good, and it's one that is sadly not being used all that much any more. Even D&D books are all... blergh.

I've got a couple of his covers that I didn't know were by him, but I'm glad I do. I don't care if they look cheesy, because there's a lot more story and sometimes emotion shown in those covers than, say, a leather-clad arse.

Thumbs up

Wow! Beautiful fantasy art.

I believe the artist is Steve Stone.

I like this one: Vacation by Matthew Costello. Post-apoc dystopian SF horror novel with (possibly zombish?) cannibals and Mad Maxian decadence:

This one is also funky: Demon's Door, the next in the Jim Rook series, dark/dark humor contemporary fantasy by Graham Masterton:

And then completely different and to drive Rob crazy, this humorous YA fantasy novel, So Silver Bright by Lisa Mantchev. The reasons why I like it:

1) It reminds me of my pal author/graphics artist Kevin Radthorne's work.
    2) I like the very worried look on the teen girl's face.
    3) I like the colors and the detail of the image.
    4) The book makes use of Shakespeare and I like zany theater comedies.

The near final cover for the first book in Jim Hines' new series, Libriomancer, has been released and it's buutiful. Unfortunately, the book won't be out until August next year, but I do enjoy the art, and for Hines fans, that is indeed Smudge the fire spider on his shoulder. Since the one I had was huge, see a few posts below where Loerwyn put it up at a reasonable size.
    Last edited by KatG; October 12th, 2011 at 11:33 AM.