Thread: Jaine Fenn

Hybrid View

A servant of Lord Arioch FitzChivalry's Avatar

Jaine Fenn

Jaine Fenn seems to be a new author, she wrote Principles of Angels and the sequel Consorts of Heaven will be released this year.
    Anyone read her book? any opinions? is it a series of standalones or a series with one big story?

Hmm... i just noticed i posted it in the wrong forum... i think, although it seems to be a mix of fantasy and sf, maybe it should be in the SF forum.

Nope, although I should as I've met her and she seemed quite a nice person. She describes her books as 'soft sci-fi', so they might get more of a reception in the SF section

Read interesting books
    Yes, big time fan here

As opposed to the Strange Horizon reviewers who likened her first novel with the "low grade sf peddled by the likes of Neal Asher"

That would be high praise for me anyway even if not intended so (big time Neal Asher fan too, though I have to say that Ms. Fenn's writing is different imho), though I read Principles of Angels before reading that SH review.

The books are sf, though Consorts is for 3/4 fantasy-like but we know there is a connection with her Sidhe universe.

Book 3 Guardians of Paradise ties the setup of this series (highly awaited 2010 novel) and with luck we will have three more Sidhe books after...

So wait, is it a series of standalones or one big story?