Congratulations, You've Won a Free Nintendo Wii

Why is this ad on this site? Why do I have to hear it every time I come here? I understand that you have to sell ad space and whatnot, but do you honestly have to feature an ad that shouts at me every time I come here? It is seriously rude, and it has made me consider stopping posting on this site.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well I have not won one My advice would be to check for spyware on ya pc. SFFWorld usually doesn't have audio adds.

As for it being seriously rude, well so is your post. You didn't even manage to put it in the correct forum.(I assume a mod moved it)

Anyway if it is a site problem i'm sure Dag will fix it.

I'm the law... Administrator daigoro's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Have been trying to track down this one now and have a bit of a hard time finding it actually. A few things that might help, is it the top ad spot or one of the others? Also, which region are you located in UK, US, Canada... The ad companies target ads to locations and therefor it's sometimes hard for me to catch the bad ones and get them removed since I'm in Norway myself and don't always see the same ads.

Quote Originally Posted by daigoro View Post
    Have been trying to track down this one now and have a bit of a hard time finding it actually. A few things that might help, is it the top ad spot or one of the others? Also, which region are you located in UK, US, Canada... The ad companies target ads to locations and therefor it's sometimes hard for me to catch the bad ones and get them removed since I'm in Norway myself and don't always see the same ads.
    It's the right hand side banner. And I'm in the US. Thanks for checking on this.

I'm in the US and I've been meaning to post about the same ad. I fully support having all the ad-support sffworld can get, but when they talk to me every other page I visit, it's a bit annoying.

I've even seen them on the top adspace.

I'm the law... Administrator daigoro's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I found some wii ads that I've managed to stop now and I have also asked one of the other ad agencies to stop some other ads (although I can't see how they look). Really hope that will do the trick.

Tasty or your money back! Moderator fluffy bunny's Avatar
    And why do the google ads keep coming up with a frickin advert for teeth whitening? What has that got to do with the site?

Some of the pictures are grisly....

Quote Originally Posted by Aurian View Post
    Some of the pictures are grisly....
    Are you talking about the one that says "I lost 30 lbs of stomach fat" and features the stomach of a woman who must have given birth to triplets?

I have been noticing lately too that there are are a lot of strange ads that don't have anything to do with sf/f. The ad agencies must have changed their policies or on this.

Kudos to Dag for trying to get rid of the worst offenders.

Oh! I have a good one for you! how about the one at the top of the page that says "Congratulations! You are our 1,000,000 visitor!!

Scam city! So watch out guys!!

Why can't anyone just win something for being just you!!