Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanks sffworld

Uh, Moderator
    I posted this in the "say hi" thread, but it's probably better suited here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eventine
    I just thought I'd jump into this thread and reintroduce myself. The reason?
    Today's my anniversary. Yep, 10 years since I joined SFFWorld. I hit my 3,000th post earlier in the week, so it looks like I've been shooting off my mouth pretty consistently over that time.
    I would like to say thanks to Dag for providing this service to us, and to all of the mods and everyone else who contributes to this site - youy've not just shaped the way I read, but the person I've become as a result.

Cheers,
    Ben
    I didn't make a big deal about the post count because I'm all about quality over quantity (Sorry Evil, couldn't help myself)

I'm coming up on 8 years, myself. I have to say, I'm glad Evil and Eventine are still around. I find it sad when I lose track of SFFWorld people over time.

I miss Evil's Gollum avatar, though. And I'm always thankful that Eventine has been such a big proponent of the book club, through the rich times and the lean...hope you guys stick around for another 10 years.

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Erfael View Post
    I miss Evil's Gollum avatar, though.
    LOL, I'm surprised you remember that.

I'm glad to see some familiar members too, as a few older members seem to have disappeared.

I really find it hard to believe that it's been 8 years for me. And yes, I admit, not all of my 5,000 posts are high quality. I was particularly guilty of this when there was a spamiliciious playroom sub-forum.
    Last edited by Evil Agent; May 1st, 2010 at 12:12 PM.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Total newbie butting in here, but wanted to also say that as a new kid on the block, it's nice to be a part of such a great community.

I have learned a tremendous amount from the folks/mods in the Writing Forum over the past (almost) year.

So, thanks Dag and whoever else does all the magic to make this forum the great place it is.

I'm not here very much these days but love to pop in for a visit, still a great place to find new books and enthuse about old favourites! Does anyone know what happened to Juzzza? I always wondered what happened to his singing career!

Blog Entries

Thanks for SFF World

I've only been a member since March 2009 - and only started really going on this site within the last month. Would it be understatement to say that I'm kind of timid about the whole Internet/posting/blogging thing? (Or at least I have been until now.)
    What's pulled me out of my shell is that I've written four books, I'm still very much an unknown, and I know I've got to get with the program, get online and start developing an online presence.
    SFF World has provided a forum where I can learn what the heck I'm doing in a friendly environment. So I add my thanks as well for this site.
    Besides, this is just a fun place to visit.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's nice: thank you, pl. Glad to see it's still working.

One day there'll be two of us in the Convention carparks with our Winnebagos...

Mark
    Mark

Blog Entries

Go RV!

I'm determined ... That's my new motto. I have my eye (so far) on a mini winnie ...

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar

Ten years!

I've been here for ten years! A full decade! Hard to believe...

Thanks, sffworld, for all the good discussions and book recommendations!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    I got married, moved two times, and had 5 different jobs since joining.
    Same here as of now.

5 years registered and few lurky years before that. This is still my favorite community of this type by a wide margin. I like you guys I guess.