Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Harry Potter Quiz

Does any one fancy having a quiz to find out who knows the most about Harry Potter

El-Prawno
    theres a quiz book on the first 3 HP books. u cant really have a quiz over the net cos its so easy to cheat...anyway, why bother filling ur head with HP facts when there are things so much better?

umm... cuz we're fans, that's what we do...

Banned
    To tell you the truth it's really somewhere in Solar System

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Katala
    umm... cuz we're fans, that's what we do...
    Ok here's really good quiz, what does muggle means and why did JKR intentionally puts normal humans (us) as substandard species by using word that sounds kind of . . . substandard (muggle. . .sounds like smuggle)

In a very boring town in the East Midlands
    1) A quiz or something would be quite amusing as long as people didn't take it to seriously.

2) lau... dude chill man its only a book.

Banned
    To tell you the truth it's really somewhere in Solar System
    Quote Originally Posted by David Croft
    1) A quiz or something would be quite amusing as long as people didn't take it to seriously.

2) lau... dude chill man its only a book.
    Got it man. . . And 2) is absolutely correct: it's only a book

Oh, honestly. Go come down on the Trekkies. I'm sure all those fans out there know it's just a book.

Let me rephrase that. I'm sure a large percentage of those fans know it's just a book.

Actually, laulnewek34, I find the way wizards look down on muggles to be facinating. It's an aspect of one of the best things about the books. The place isn't perfect. It isn't even better than government in the real world. She's created a flawed place, and that's not one of the easiest things to do as a writer. Writers tend to want to write ideals, what they think a thing should be, rather than the way things really are. Especially when creating whole new worlds.

Picking apart and analyzing the wizarding world, filling holes with my imagination, and thinking about the politics, economy, and culture is what I enjoy about the Harry Potter books.

The plot and characters could all stand deeper development, in my opinion, but the imagination behind it is impressive.

Harry, for example. He's too charismatic and easy to make friends with for someone who grew up the way the Dursleys were treating him. At that age, he should have irreparable mental damage to his self esteem, self value, and empathy.

pouches and pipes
    Ok here's really good quiz, what does muggle means and why did JKR intentionally puts normal humans (us) as substandard species by using word that sounds kind of . . . substandard (muggle. . .sounds like smuggle)
    Man, you are stuck! It´s only a fantasy book! Harry and the rest of these witchy guys are fake, non existant. Rowling´s keep writing about a FAKE world and don´t forget that she is a muggle as well...

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Why don't you all try a typical quiz format for internet forums...

One person asks a question. Whoever can answer it correctly asks the next question. And so on...

And don't cheat. You're on the honour system. But really, what is more sad than cheating on an online Harry Potter quiz?

Cheating on an online personality quiz.

So, who'll go first?

I'll take a shot. Here's the first question:

Name 3 magical creatures that Lupin taught Harry, Ron, and Herminone's class about while he was the Defense against the Dark Arts teacher.

First to answer correctly gets to ask the next one.

uhm... Klappa, Gillywink, and... wha's the name of those weasles that insult people and bite their noses? Knarl?

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain
    uhm... Klappa, Gillywink, and... wha's the name of those weasles that insult people and bite their noses? Knarl?
    It's actually Kappa but I'll give it to you. Your turn.

Oooh yay. ^^

What was the number of the row Harry's prophecy was on?

oo that's a tough one, I can't honestly say I remember. I don't suppose it would count as cheating so long as I read the ENTIRE book in order to find out?