Clare Bell - Ratha series due for reprint

Just a head's up really, on a reissue of fantastic YA fiction.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ratha13/

I first encountered Ratha's Creature over 15 years ago when I was a young teen, and loved it. That has been OP for years, and selling at stupid pre-loved prices. So I was ecstatic to find out today that Ratha's Creature, and the second in the series, are being reprinted, and a new one in the series is also due for release. That will make 5 in all.

If you're a fan of animal fiction and YA, or a young reader, I heartily recommend these. I'll be buying the set based on nostalgia, and the memory of fantastic characters, and a moving, courageous story of intelligent, pre-historic kitties.

Cheers

K

I absolutely loved these books as a kid, but only managed to find the first two. I'm definately getting these when they come out. I think the books are accessible for both fantasy fans and for those interested in "Watership Down" style animal fiction. Plus huge, prehistoric cats are more interesting than bunnies.

My reply-less post redeemed!

Yeah, I know..far more interesting heh. I only knew there was one from finding it in the library as a young teen. I looked it up, out of nostalgia, hoping to find a reasonably priced second-hand copy, and was so thrilled to discover an actual series exists. Can't wait to read the whole thing, YA or not!