The bird of Hermes FremenWarrior's Avatar

Question Does anyone else like Green Street?

I recently borrowed this film from a friend of mine and expected nothing more than Football (Soccer that is) driven violence between Firms (Gangs) specifically the Green Street Elite (West Ham) and Mill Wall. I was pleasently surprised by its poignant views concerning friends and how far you are willing to go to help them. the characters, although each impared in their own way through a need for respect or a career or family problem, are excellently presented. even though this film portrays Football (Soccer) violence in England the depth of the story is surprising. Who else is a Green Street Fan?

In my country they call it Green Street Hooligans. Is it the one with Elijah Wood?

The bird of Hermes FremenWarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by biodroid View Post
    In my country they call it Green Street Hooligans. Is it the one with Elijah Wood?
    Yeah. Thats right. the film has a few names depending on country. it is also called "Football Hooligans" or just "Hooligans" depending where you saw the film. and yes i do mean the one with Elijah Wood.

Yep, I enjoy football films in general but have to say this one was well above average and a surprisingly (for me anyway) strong turn for Elijah Wood after LotR. It took me a little while to get used to him playing that type of character but he did a excellent job and I think it's his best performance personally in what was a pretty strong cast of relative unknowns.

Yeah I like this flick. I like sports movies that examine more than just the trials and tribulations of the athletes. In fact, I would even hesitate to call Green Street a sports movie at all, but that's neither here nor there.

I liked it a lot
    sad ending though

Part two was rubbish

Yeah I saw a listing for part 2 on the satellite and it sounded really bad. The original kicked ass on all fronts though.