Release date for the 5th Book?

Hi Gary,

I am new to your series, and have read a lot about how original and inventive the books are. I have had them in my Amazon saved cart for a while now, and have just ordered all 4. I will be reading them quite soon! So do you have a tentative release date for the 5th and final book? I would love to know!!
    Thanks!
    Jan-Michael

Yes, Mr. Wassner, is there a release date?

Come Gary spill it. We all LOVED Revenge of the Elves. I tell everyone about it when they comment on my Rad T-Shirt. And this sub forum, has been soooooooo quiet.

Zoro

I think Gary's been swamped. Last time I talked to him a few months ago, he said it was going slowly, but it sounded like he was headed toward the end and trying to find a chunk of time to really tackle it. So I would suspect that a release date would not be until Spring 2010 at the earliest.

I am actually kidding, of course. I've read a rough draft of about the first half of Monsters and I have some idea of where it will all end up. (No, I'm not giving any hints). Yes Gary is swamped. So, though I'm not sure when Monsters will be finished, I do know that it will be well worth the wait.

I've read a rough draft of about the first half of Monsters and I have some idea of where it will all end up. (No, I'm not giving any hints).
    Aw, come on! Big rasberry to you.

GemQuest Moderator Gary Wassner's Avatar
    I'm really very sorry for not posting sooner. As Katg and Brian have mentioned, I'm swamped with many many things. I've been busy writing articles for trade papers and the CFDA (a business thing ) and I HAVE been working on the fifth book. In fact, last week I wrote two more painstaking chapters. I'm approaching the downhill run to the end, and trust me, it's hard to wrap everything up in ways that satisfy me. I think that's the big problem - nothing satisfies me. So the ending never feels like an ending. And i want it to. I need it to. I can see clear to it, but everytime I think it through to the end, I remember other issues that I want to resolve and other characters whose fates I can't leave unrequited. So it will be a while yet.

And then there's the issue of a publication date. We haven't set one yet. I suppose if I had a firm date threatening me, I'd finish sooner. So I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse not to have to adhere to a strict one.

Anyway, hang in there. I'll finish. And I hope it will be worth it!!

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    I've had the first four on a 'wish list' for a while now, but already have a pile of 200+ unread sf&f books, so I thought I'd wait to buy all 5 at once. Any luck with the ending to book 5 and the series?

GemQuest Moderator Gary Wassner's Avatar
    Close...close....close.

a little bit longer.

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Excellent - good news!