Looking for a Book

Driving me nuts!! I picked up a hardback book about 4 yrs ago. Couldn't afford it at the time, but read a few pages and was immediately hooked. Wrote name of book down, but lost it. I've been looking for the book since. I vague remember the cover had trees, misty and water. I know, I know very vague. Anyway....It started with a man that apparently had fallen asleep and woke up in a different time or dimension. I thought maybe it was a Stephen Donaldson book, but have not been able to find it. So if anyone out there has ever read a similar book, please help!!!!!!!!! Thanks for reading!!!

Fanboy Extraordinaire! Warewolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adlrwill View Post
    Driving me nuts!! I picked up a hardback book about 4 yrs ago. Couldn't afford it at the time, but read a few pages and was immediately hooked. Wrote name of book down, but lost it. I've been looking for the book since. I vague remember the cover had trees, misty and water. I know, I know very vague. Anyway....It started with a man that apparently had fallen asleep and woke up in a different time or dimension. I thought maybe it was a Stephen Donaldson book, but have not been able to find it. So if anyone out there has ever read a similar book, please help!!!!!!!!! Thanks for reading!!!
    If you think it might have been a Donaldson book, was it Lord Foul's Bane or one of the other Thomas Covenant books?

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sure it's not Lord Foul's Bane by Donaldson, first book in his Thomas Covenant series?

Mark
    Mark

Would be writer? Sure. Davis Ashura's Avatar
    Can you remember any more details at all?

Donaldson would be the obvious choice, but since you seem to be a little bit vague and sketchy on the details, I'll just post some titles with characters traveling between our world and some other world/dimension. Some details match, some don't, but this is more of a brute force approach, if you will

Guy Gavriel Kay - The Summer Tree (The Fionavar Tapestry, Book 1)

Stephen R. Lawhead - The Paradise War: Book One in The Song of Albion Trilogy

Mark Anthony - Beyond the Pale (The Last Rune, Book 1)

Roger Zelazny - The Chronicles of Amber

Feel free to extend this small list.