Good post-apocalypse/zombi e movies focusing on modern survival?

Hello all.

I am looking for similar movies to these:

Dawn of the Dead
    The Mist
    The Happening
    Infestation
    Eight Legged Freaks
    Blindness
    28 Days Later
    Children of Men
    etc

I am looking for movies that center around urban/modern survival. For example, some of the movies I've mentioned focuses on the last remnants of humanity holding up in a shopping mall or an office building of some sort. Other elements include scrounging for food in supermarkets, finding working technology, living without electricity, living in a hostile urban jungle, ransacking empty houses and malls, etc.

I am specifically looking for films that it set early after "the disaster." Nothing like Mad Max, or anything that emphasizes that a long time has passed ever since "the disaster".

Suggestions please.

Lets see

A Boy and His Dog (1975)
    I am Legend
    The Omega Man
    The Postman

Thats all I can think of right now

It has a horror element but you might like the miniseries made from Stephen King's novel The Stand.

Also, watch for The Road. It's from Cormac McCarthy's novel and I think will be coming out soon.

For SF, Day of the Triffids is an older movie showing what happens when comet dust (was it comet dust?) causes almost everyone to go blind -- it also has man-eating plants.

How about Night of the Comet?

Zombieland! It was really a lot of fun, and extremely clever. They deliberately went over the top several times to push the satire in the movie, but it worked, IMO. And Shaun of the Dead is also a brilliant zombie horror comedy.

Also, you might like the t.v. series Jericho about the aftermath of nuclear incidents in the U.S.

Because I can...
    I second the vote for Jericho. Save for an uneeded conspiracy theory subplot, which gets a touch too much airtime, the show covers nearly everything that a post-disaster scenario would require to get civilization back to a place where things can be done. Love the show.

Also, watching Jeremiah (or hunting down the comics) might be interesting for you to compare...

Jeremiah was also very good. (I really didn't see that much of Jericho, I'm afraid.) I didn't like the fantasy strain that crept in as much, though I liked Sean Astin's performance, and for all I know, that was part of the comic series on which the show was based.