Thread: Funzone link?

Question Funzone link?

Funzone's still around, but maybe I'm missing where it's linked here now? It used to be part of the discussion forum.

I know not many use it, is it going away?
    -ex

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dag felt with the almost complete lack of traffic going there that the space could be put to better use and wanted to get a site update feature in somewhere, hence the change. The final decision on whether the Funzone stays or goes is yet to be made, but if people are trying to get to it we could with a temporary link somewhere. I'll ask Dag

There are threads I'd want to rescue if it goes.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We'll give plenty of advance warning either way, promise.

I'm the law... Administrator daigoro's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My thought is that it has to go I'm afraid, I removed most of the links quite a while ago and also closed it down for posting some months ago and I don't even think anybody noticed much. Having two forums to maintain haven't been a good solution, not with the software updates that is constantly needed to prevent the spammers and hackers and the activity has been close to zero for a long long time. That's the main reasons why I think it has to go in the not so distant future. Maybe even in the next month or so.

Heh, I would have missed the demise of the funzone. Time to errect a tumbleweed farm there? In any case, I've now saved two threads (master and servant) to my harddrive - so a certain story fragment isn't lost.

All in all, I don't think the funzone worked as well as it could have. I wasn't fond of the idea; it felt a bit like clown prison.