Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Just because I need HE to abuse me some more...

This one is called, "The Hunt."

Big moon! Big moon!

LOL! Since you hadn't had one in such a long time, I had to make it EXTRA big!

No moon.

Just Another Philistine Hereford Eye's Avatar
    Abuse? From a decrepit old man almost unable to punch the keys on his key board? How can you youngsters ascribe such meanness to the senile and infirm? Fortunately, I retain the strength to mix a decent martini and am now even better at pouring a fine Scotch over ice.
    Which affords me the strength to coment on these two excellent examples of your art. I do wonder about the little moon in front of the big moon but that's mere wonderment. I like the colors and the poses and the hunting scope on the bow. That's original!

I also wonder about the striping on the huntress" pants. What possible purpose could they serve except to emphasize the appeal of that portion of her anatomy? I bet the rest of the hunting party standing behind her is standing behind her for just that purpose. And, yes, even at my advanced age, it is appealing.

Well, if you still find those stripes appealing, then you'll probably like some of the stuff I'm making that I'm not posting here, lol! Suffice to say the there's more "variety" in my offerings at DeviantArt, beyond the fantasy and sci fi themes. And maybe a wee bit more skin too in some cases, but still with all critical bits covered.

I try to rotate subject matter, doing a bit of fantasy, then a fairy, then a sci fi, then a pin up, and sometimes just something off the wall. I use DeviantArt sort of as a testing ground, tossing all manner of things up to see what sticks. I have enough watchers there (nearly 500) that I can get get a good bellwether on which things work and which things don't, as I experiment.

And if those fingers have progressed from martinis to Scotch, then I'd say they're still perfectly capable. Nothin's gonna keep our official Curmudgeon down for long...

Just so you guys know I ain't dead yet, you get another picture. And yeah, I know you bunch aren't much for fairies, but it's whatcha get, lol!

I like the fairy pictures, they are beautiful, and I love fairies

HI, Stenny! Thank you!

As it happens, I just finished another fairy a couple of days ago, so here it is!

Oh wow, I like that one. It looks a bit like fairy ornaments that you can get from shops that hang in windows, but more realisitic with a picturesque background. I especially like the wings.

It took me ages to catch up on all the pics I've missed in the two years I haven't been on this forum, and I had forgotten how amazing they all are!

I haven't been posting here much of late myself. A lot of the "crew" I hung out with here either migrated over to Facebook or wandered off in search of greener pastures. But perhaps I need to put a few more pix in this thread!

Ah right. I had noticed that the whole site didn't seem as active as it used to be. It seems strange, but I guess people always find something new.

When I first started posting on the site, it seemed there were conversations happening every day. But gradually they tapered off. I had maybe thirty or so 'regular' correspondents. Then it got down to about five, and those five I still keep in touch with but mostly via Facebook. I suspect the rise of FB had a lot to with the change, since it created a better model for the 'conversational' aspect. But it's a bit of a shotgun approach too, compared to SFFWorld which has a specific SFF focus.

Yeah, I spent almost all of my summer before uni on this site talking to people, mainly on the Alison Croggon bit as I was waiting for her last book and it was nice to see the views and opinions of other people. I'd get notifications all the time and there was always someone saying something. Facebook is good for some things, but it seems to be taking over! I'm always on facebook, so it's nice to have another website to get away from it sometimes. It's good that you still keep in contact with some people though. Do they get to see your beautiful artwork on facebook? I sometimes check your website too, to see if there are any different ones on there.

Ah, yes, the Alison forum! Wow, that really took off, with an insane number of posts! She had maybe ten times the number of people in her forum compared to all the rest of the author forums here combined. Well deserved, as her books are great and she's a very sweet lady.

Thank you for your nice comments on my art! I do post some of my works up on Facebook. I post mostly on deviantArt and on Renderosity, two artwork sites. Depending on the responses there, and if I think it's a decent piece, then I'll also put them up on my own website (I try to put just the good stuff on the website, lol!) I probably update the website every three weeks or so, once I have five or six new ones to add; and then I'll swap out a few of the older ones.