Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Well, now I'm 100 pages from finishing up Knife of Dreams. I've really enjoyed this book so far. I thought it could've used a bit more Perrin early on exploring the relationships with the new "allies"... though I think I'll see a bit more of him now towards the end. And certainly more Logain... one of my favorite more underused character in the series. Egwene has been really cool too.

I am right there too now Bastard. I feel it coming to a close and am a little sad. I dont want to wait till next fall for some more. But its coming. What a great freaking book. I have been engaged on every page. The Egwene arc has been spectacular - she is quite a kick ass gal.

The next two books should be quite a ride.

OOOPS - I did not realize you were reading KOD. The Gathering Storm is awesome.
    Last edited by Daddy Darth; December 16th, 2009 at 12:42 PM.

Well, I did finish Knife of Dreams and really liked the book... I thought it was one of the best in the series. A lot of the interesting characters took center stage in the book, and Egwene was really good too. In addition to that, we got a lot of action and we also saw Mat where he's at his best, we really hadn't seen much of that... building up a battle strategy and following through all the way in.

Now to wait for The Gathering Storm... don't know when I'll be able to get my hands of it, but I suspect it'll be a while unless I get too impetient, and considering my To-Read pile, I should be able to manage.

I want more Logain.

Although clearly there were some underwhelming books in the later portion of WoT, after reading Knife of Dreams I don't know why there was still all that negativity surrounding the series.

Edit to above: Lol, I knew something was off with what you were saying... but I fitted it in anyways.
    Last edited by Bastard; December 16th, 2009 at 01:10 PM.

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastard View Post
    Although clearly there were some underwhelming books in the later portion of WoT, after reading Knife of Dreams I don't know why there was still all that negativity surrounding the series.
    I think it's because, despite Book 11 being good, Books 7-10 still exist.

I finished last night. It was a well written book and as I have said before I was engaed from beginning to end on every page. Some big things happened that blew my socks off. I felt like Sanderson was able to channel Jordan very effectively - one could dig deep I am sure to find some differences but from a big picture kind of vantage point he nailed it. I for one will be checking out some of his works now. Cant wait till lucky number 13 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent View Post
    I think it's because, despite Book 11 being good, Books 7-10 still exist.
    Lol, I actually think I liked 7-11 more than I liked the middle books :P All the time spent on their growing out of their naivete really grated on me.