Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Just Another Philistine Hereford Eye's Avatar

Exception to Policy

Dear Mr. Sterling 13:
    Having reviewed this month's entries to date, I discover that I have a half-dozen oughta-vote-fors and a half-dozen gotta-vote-fors. Please grant me an exception to policy and allow me to vote at least ten times.
    Don't blame me; blame it on the damned contestants who keep outdoing themselves and each other.
    Sincerely,
    HE

Ah crud. It's the 19th and I don't have anything. I'll have to see if I can whip up something tommorrow...

Man I have got to get reading. I have not even peeked at one entry yet. But from what HE has to say it sounds like it must be another fine crop. I also would like ten votes please.

Marshwriter
    Am I late? Am I on time? What date is it today?

If I am in time - here's my entry...

http://www.sffworld.com/community/story/4050p0.html

If I am late... I would still appreciate a comment or two...

M

I don't think you're officially late until the voting thread is up. I'm never quite clear on what day and time it is on sffworld, I do know that sometimes people post two or three hours from now. It must be some kind of time travel.

I try to aviod reading until the end, too many times there are last minute edits. But I had some time the other day, and I've read some of the entries. There are some interesting and well crafted stories.

OTOH I'm not going to ask for ten votes. I'll just flip a coin, several times.

B5

... or maybe I'll roll the dice.

The voting threads are up!

(Didn't make the deadline myself, which is rather dissapointing. Hopefully once all of this holiday travel is over I can put it up here for review.)

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's christmas!! You should have thrown it in anyway, spirit of the competition and time of year decrees it. On the other hand after the mess you made of those polls, a new hand at the helm wouldn't be a bad thing

Har Har

Those polls are tricky! You have to click this one checkmark box that says "Include a poll". Very, very confusing!

I think my one issue is that I wrote 3 entries for this month... and all 3 are still in rough draft mode...

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Same problem for me last month and ended up having a mare, I'm sure the extra polish time will work for you.

Wow what a hard month for voting. Some awesome stories and good writing. Well done everyone. I only have one vote figured out.

Anyway Merry Christmas to all - hope you have a great time with friends and family. See you all in the new year.

Woo, finally done!

If anyone wants to check it out:
    http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showt...770#post555770

My apologies for the formatting of the first story (needs to be made a little clearer between "chapters"), but I keep getting an error every time I try to edit..
    Last edited by Sterling13; December 26th, 2009 at 11:37 AM.

Yeah, so. . . I'm not gonna do the detailed feedback anymore, I don't think. They're a lot of work. And honestly, I don't know how many of you really want them. Though, I could be wrong, maybe you do.

At any rate, I hope I was helpful and wasn't offensive or rude in any way. (I really wasn't intending to be. I was going for the opposite.)

Hope everyone had a good holiday!

Quote Originally Posted by NickeeCoco View Post
    Yeah, so. . . I'm not gonna do the detailed feedback anymore, I don't think. They're a lot of work. And honestly, I don't know how many of you really want them. Though, I could be wrong, maybe you do.

At any rate, I hope I was helpful and wasn't offensive or rude in any way. (I really wasn't intending to be. I was going for the opposite.)

Hope everyone had a good holiday!
    I appreciate the feedack, Nickee. In fact, I've saved it so that I can use it to polish up my work. But I understand how much hard work it is. Somewhere on my hard drive is a file with the few pieces of detailed feedback that I worked on before the world blew up. I was thinking of posting it, but I don't know. I might try to work on the others too, if time permits.

Anyway, I didn't take your crit as rude or anything. I welcome anything you have to say!

Times almost up. Any straggler votes better make it in soon. Another close one this month between two strong stories. Great job guys. I'm anxious to get onto the next one.

Cheers.

Forgive us our tristises Tristis's Avatar
    Happy New Year to everybody for whom this happens to be the New Year!

Thanks for the votes and for the reviews. As always those reviews are very helpful.

I'll try to get the next contest up tonight or tomorrow. If I do what I thought about last night, we'll all need to get started.