Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by suibom View Post
    Oh... My... Gobsmack!
    Story of the century: Care Bears vs. Hello Kitty in a thinly disguised, theme fitting veil.
    isn't that the whole story behind Pucca???

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFede View Post
    isn't that the whole story behind Pucca???
    Aw crumb, there goes my award winning idea

Smile

Gotta go with Pirates on this one - though Ninjas rock big time. Tough choice. But as soon as I read Pirates an idea came to mind. I shall give it a whirl and try to submit. It will be nice to have some room to spread out on for a contest too.

Nice.

Blog Entries
    I just hope that Nickee and the girls don't suffer from boy cooties with this theme...

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just so long as you all can take tmso-cooties.

Nickee, ya gotta submit something now...

Just Another Philistine Hereford Eye's Avatar
    Oh, man, I wasn't paying attention and missed the announcement. Operating on the notion it was a December-January contest, I wrote my entry. It was not until after I posted it that I noticed this is a Jan-Feb contest.
    Oh, well, there you go!

Jeeze, HE. Thanks for blowing the deadline curve for us slackers. Xmas coals for you!

Peace,
    - Sui

No. Sorry. I'm going to wait this one out. A bunch of mags I want to submit to open their submissions up in January, so I want to work on stuff I already have written.

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford Eye View Post
    Oh, man, I wasn't paying attention and missed the announcement. Operating on the notion it was a December-January contest, I wrote my entry. It was not until after I posted it that I noticed this is a Jan-Feb contest.
    Oh, well, there you go!
    You disgust me HE (in the "why can't I write that fast" praise form of the word).

I've got a bit of a story backlog going at the moment... a bunch of stuff I've been meaning to touch up and seem to keep putting off. I'm going to try to enter, but as of right now, its looking 50/50 at best (for this and the Jan. Flash contest)... unfortunetely.

Oh, this could be fun. Fantasy, too, so I get to continue my scheme to involve my WiP-world in as many short fiction contests as possible... Come to think of it, I was just jotting down some ideas the other day concerning airships, wizard-spies and Signapore. Hm.

Cursed 8 hour drive home from the parents house..... an idea forced itself into my head and its demanding precedence over my editing plans...

Blog Entries
    Space Pirate Amazon Ninja Catgirls (SPANC), I always wanted to do a story about those. And with the Dread Pirate Roberta, no less.

By 'fantasy genre', do you mean conventional tropes (I.e. Medievalism), or some other definition? I assume space pirates would be sci-fi, not fantasy, but then ninjas also stretch my definition of 'fantasy '.

Perhaps we could stick with ninjas or pirates, and head off a lot confusion at the pass by not imposing a genre?

Blog Entries
    What is Star Wars? Science fiction because it has robots, spaceships, and blasters? Or space fantasy because it has swords, dragons, armoured knights, wizard-warriors, gnomes and damsels in distress?

Quote Originally Posted by spiralguru3d View Post
    By 'fantasy genre', do you mean conventional tropes (I.e. Medievalism), or some other definition? I assume space pirates would be sci-fi, not fantasy, but then ninjas also stretch my definition of 'fantasy '.

Perhaps we could stick with ninjas or pirates, and head off a lot confusion at the pass by not imposing a genre?
    Since Fung hasn't specified, I think you're pretty free with whatever definition you can stretch 'fantasy genre' to. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_literary_genres

Crap... looks like "Lesbian Erotica" doesn't fall under fantasy.... oh well, back to the drawing board...