New Star Wars Teaser

The new Teaser for Ep VII is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

Personally I loved every frame, but I've heard some complaints about things ranging from some of the ships, X-wings and TIE fighters because it's been 30 years and they should have new ships. And the cross guard on the light saber is sacrilege, And the rolling Droid it kitsch. I don't really understand the criticisms. To me the trailer did a perfect job of enticing me to want more. Plus I got chills when the Falcon came on screen, literally chills.

Anyone else have any thought?

Jim

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In the Hobbit household, the questions were:

1) Is that Benedict Cumberbatch?
    2) What on Earth is that football robot?
    3) Would that lightsabre work? (Me, I could imagine losing fingers and thumbs holding it...)
    4) When do we get our Jar Jar Binks moment? (For those of us older, I guess you could just say "Ewoks!" )

For me, anything that is devoid of Lucas's dialogue has to be a good thing. Not to mention his plot lines (Erm... midichlorians.... *shudder*)

But at this stage the hype is so big (already - there's a year - A YEAR - to go!) it doesn't matter how the film turns out - it'll be reviled/applauded whatever.

But the youngest (18 & counting) Hobbit's reaction was similar to yours, followed by the comment, "I want to see *that* next Christmas." Guess that's the job of the teaser trailer done, then.
    Mark

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    1) Is that Benedict Cumberbatch?
    I have now been told that the voice at the beginning is Andy Serkis, he of Gollum and Planet of the Apes fame...
    Mark