Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tmso View Post
    I like the walking nuke idea as it was and as you redefined it. But then again, I'm the sort of person to leave 'em all dead in my own stories.

Would that person know what his purpose was or not? I would like the idea either way, just curious. But the character knowning or not would, of course, have a profound effect on how he acted and reacted to stuff.

Like JimF said, write it, baby. It's a cool idea.
    First and foremost, let me just say I like your style.

The plan right now is for a two to three book series, depending on how deep this story drags me. With this in mind, the main character will be completely ignorant to his purpose until either the second or third book. Once he's figured out he's the shaken and stirred end of all life, I've got him down for taking a rather long vacation alone, away from essentially everyone he loves. To think and stuff... after that, I'm not exactly sure what happens. The ending is covered in a thick haze, in fact, the honest truth is I don't even have a full-fledged villain yet. =/

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not sure we can help with the antagonist problem, but maybe if you do some character sketches of your main characters, a villian will emerge?

Quote Originally Posted by tmso View Post
    Not sure we can help with the antagonist problem, but maybe if you do some character sketches of your main characters, a villian will emerge?
    Cheers. I'm probably due for some character sketches anyway, thanks for all the help.

If you go with the idea that wizards can only cast certain spells in certain seasons, the villain could be a wizard who has figured out how to cast any spell regardless of season. Or, conversely, that's your hero, and the villains are the rigid ruling body of wizards who see him as a threat to their order.