Hybrid View

bcitsndslkSKEETSKEETSKEET keatskeatskeats's Avatar

Exclamation writers of the future??

entered this contest, however I am utterly baffled as to what quarter they are in. I of course tried to post a comment attempting to obtain some succor, but the comment was never approved.

They are announcing 4th quarter results, and a new year supposedly begins on Sept. 30.

Contest deadlines:
    December 31st
    March 31st
    June 30th
    September 30th
    Contest year ends at midnight on 30 Sept.
    9. The Contest has four quarters, beginning on October 1, January 1, April 1 and July 1. The year will end on September 30. To be eligible for judging in its quarter, an entry must be postmarked no later than midnight on the last day of the quarter.
    this is a very basic logic problem, so maybe my idiocy precludes me from a victory anyway :x

any help is appreciated.

keatskeatskeats

"because it sounds like skeet skeet skeet"

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Don't know anything about the contest but it doesn't seem difficult, looks like periods for the contests are:

1st Quarter - October 1st to Dec 31st
    2nd Quarter - January 1st to March 31st
    3rd Quarter - April 1st to June 30th
    4th Quarter - July 1st to September 30th - End of contest year, assume new one begins October 1st

Therefore they should be currently in the second quarter contest and you have until midnight on March 31st to post an entry. Is that what you want or am I missing something?

This contest is still being put on by the "Church" of Scientology, yes?

Kerry

bcitsndslkSKEETSKEETSKEET keatskeatskeats's Avatar

thx

kater--yea basically, you cleared it up...I was just thrown that they are announcing 4th quarter results..so i guess they have not done the judging on the first quarter.

I sent my sub in during late october, so I was kinda hoping by january I might find some results :P

kmtolan--the contest has a good rep and is about promoting new writers...that is a dream come true if you are new and trying to break into sff writing (at least it is for me).

thanks for the help

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looks like they work two contests ahead, so the set of results you'll be concerned with should be the next lot - Quarter 1 of this year. Which I imagine will be posted at the end of the current quarter/start of the third quarter. Good luck

I've entered this contest a couple of times. Can anyone tell me if they think it is worthwhile? Is it a credible contest? Is there an influence by Scientology in the judging process?