Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterWilliam View Post
    Whoa. There's one in my town with 54 people! I don't know if crawl out in front of that many.
    LOL our group has 235 "members" on the website, but we usually only get 20-30 maximum that show up on a semi-regular basis. I don't know why people signup on the website and then don't attend, but you can check the RSVP counts on that group's meetings (if they list past meetings on the calendar).

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdnewton View Post
    LOL our group has 235 "members" on the website, but we usually only get 20-30 maximum that show up on a semi-regular basis. I don't know why people signup on the website and then don't attend, but you can check the RSVP counts on that group's meetings (if they list past meetings on the calendar).
    Just went back to look and it seems as though each "meet up" has between 6 and 10.

Book of the Black Earth
    Blog Entries
    I concur with a lot that has been said above. It depends on the mix of writers in the group, size of the group, genres represented, etc...

A couple years ago, I was in two different writing groups. One was larger, but I was the only SFF writer there. Also, it was more of a back-patting type of group. The second group was all SFF, but very small (usually just 2-3 of us attending). The moderator of that group was the cut-throat type, very blunt with his criticism, which is probably why the group never had much of a membership.

In the end, I left both groups because they didn't supply the kind of criticism I needed to push my writing to the next level. That's just poor luck on my part.