Your scariest horror movie scenes ever?

Hey guys,

I'd like to know your favourite scary horror scenes! and why?
    Last edited by kater; January 19th, 2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Link removed. This is a PG-13 site, our rules are very clear on this. No more links of that nature please.

You know, I wish I weren't the first respondent to this thread because my scariest scene isn't from an actual horror flick.

But in "Apocalypse Now", I jump like a startled rabbit every single time that tiger jumps out of the foliage in the jungle . . . and that's still true to this day, even though I've seen the movie a dozen times and I know the damn thing is coming.

Other than that, pick any scene from "The Exorcists". No, that's not a fair answer . . . I suppose it would be one of the first few times the girl, Ragan, goes all demon freaky, when her mother and her are alone in the room and she's moving the furniture around with her Satanic powers . . . I guess that scene is more scary because her mother is alone and vulnerable and the girl is capable of going all Beelzabub on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Wild View Post
    Other than that, pick any scene from "The Exorcists".
    I think I was too young when I watched The Exorcist because this has always been the scariest film for me. The scariest scene would probably be when she bridges backwards and climbs down the stairs on her fours (the famous spider walk) or the head spin... I guess I can find more of those .

The scene in The Haunting (1963) in which Eleanor and Theodora discuss holding hands. Very simple, quiet, but it's implications. Brrrr ... A very effective scene taken directly from the book the movie is based on, The Haunting of Hill House.

The Leopard Man, in spite of it's cheesy title, has a scene in which a young girl goes to the store to buy her father's dinner. Again, taken from the book the movie was based on (Black Alibi by Cornell Woolrich) and very, very effectively dramatized.

Randy M.

I was a child when the first Halloween came out, and my dad let me watch it. I must say, I was frightened through the entire movie.

As for scenes, when Star Wars first came out, my aunt took my brother and I to see it. In the start, when Vader came through the blown out door, I look at him and became so scared I threw up every where. Needless to say, we had to leave and weren't able to finish the movie, and had to come at a later time.

Your scariest horror movie scenes ever?

Hey guys,

I'd like to know your favourite scary horror scenes! and why?

here are some of mine, more coming soon.
    Last edited by kater; January 30th, 2010 at 07:15 AM. Reason: You've already been warned once about those links, not to mention starting this exact thread in another section.

Mine would have to most of Alien. Especially the chest bursting scene, and the final one in the shutte craft.

I saw it when I was 13 and it scared the crap out of me. Still some of the best tension and horror ever filmed.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    I think I was too young when I watched The Exorcist because this has always been the scariest film for me. The scariest scene would probably be when she bridges backwards and climbs down the stairs on her fours (the famous spider walk) or the head spin... I guess I can find more of those .
    The spider walk definitely tops my list. Horrifying.

A more recent frightening scene I can think of is from The Orphanage, when Tomás (the little boy with the sack over his head) comes at Laura in the hallway. Heavy breathing. Jerky movements. Creepy kids always take the cake.