Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Might also be Balok in The Corbomite Manoeuvre.

Mark
    Mark

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    The description makes me think of a shuttlecraft. The episodes with a lot of shuttlecraft time, that I can remember, are:

• The Galileo Seven
    • The Menagerie I & II (from pilot episode The Cage)
    • The Doomsday Machine

I have to disagree with the advice to watch them in order. I don't think it really matters. Plenty of people got into the franchise with one of the spin-off series and only later (if at all) went back and watched the earlier ones. If you try to force yourself to get through The Original Series first, you might get turned off because frankly it is not for everyone. Not saying it isn't a classic, but older shows, like classic movies, are not everyone's cup of tea.

The Next Generation is my personal favorite. You will find a lot of partisans for Deep Space 9 too. The biggest difference is that TNG was very episodic; each episode is more or less completely self contained, and it doesn't matter all that much what order you watch them in. DS9 was the opposite. It featured some very long, involved story arcs that you really can't watch out of order. DS9 is also said to be grittier, perhaps a bit less idealistic than the other Trek series. One awesome thing about DS9 was the story of the Federation-Klingon-Dominion war which was really interesting and had the best battle scenes ever in trek. Really cinematic sci-fi. Yes, the war arc was a gimmic to revive a show with sagging ratings but it was well done none the less and made for great entertainment. I personally found the characters on TNG much more compelling and never got attached to any of the DS9 characters the same way I did the crew on TNG.

Voyager and Enterprise have their fans, but neither one was ever terribly popular. Voyager is just unbearably moralistic. Janeway was insufferable with her stupid decisions designed to show how principled and righteous the Federation was. Enterprise screwed around with Trek continuity a lot, and if you happen to watch it first you'll wonder why hardly any of the species from that (earlier) time period are ever around in the later time periods depicted in the earlier shows.

Blog Entries
    Thanks to everyone for thier replies.

I have viwed the The Doomday Machine, and The Corbomite Manoeuvre. But neither seem to click.

Please note that the episode did not have a large Star Trek crew, but only a few people inside a small spaceship.

The main character is able to hold the attention of the audience, inside this spaceship, not the outer space etc.

Also this ship has several small rooms, of a light brown color.

I like SF. SF is cool. Steven L Jordan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve04 View Post
    With reference to your xcellent knowledge of Star Trek, I have query ... awhile ago, there was a episode in which a majority of the view is of the inside of a small spaceship, which had only a light brown interior, walls etc
    The spaceship incharge or the plot maybe involved it destroying planets without consideration.
    I cannot recall which show, and would like your input.
    That is not from any episode of Star Trek: The Original Series at all. It sounds like it could possibly be an episode of The Next Generation. But you really haven't given us much to go on, such as a single character that was in it, any aliens involved, etc... and of course you're not sure about the plot either. Can you tell us anything else at all?

Quote Originally Posted by steve04 View Post
    Thanks to everyone for thier replies.

I have viwed the The Doomday Machine, and The Corbomite Manoeuvre. But neither seem to click.

Please note that the episode did not have a large Star Trek crew, but only a few people inside a small spaceship.

The main character is able to hold the attention of the audience, inside this spaceship, not the outer space etc.

Also this ship has several small rooms, of a light brown color.
    Doesn't sound like any episode of TNG either. It could be Voyager. There were quite a few episodes of voyager that took place inside of the "Delta Flyer," a souped up shuttle craft they used.

As someone whose only recently found a love for Star Trek (I thought the show moved to slowly when I was a hyperactive kid wanting to watch cartoons), I'll tell you what I did.

I started with TNG cause that's what I remember when I was a kid. I watched a few from the original series just to see what it was like. Then I watched the first two seasons in their entirety. It didn't take long to figure out my favorite episodes involve Data, Q, and the Borg. So I went to this website:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Portal:Main

I looked up all the episodes with Q and the Borg, then watched them on Netflix. If you find that you love the series, but don't think you are a die-hard fan, this is the best way to enjoy the series. Watch a few episodes to see what you like.

Also worth seeing William Shatner's acting in this series. It makes all the pop cultural references to it that much more clear.
    Last edited by Irrelevant; December 28th, 2011 at 01:20 AM. Reason: PS