Planet/Universe of Alternate Matter

Years ago I read a novel I only vaguely recall. The central premise was that a scientist was studying some class of matter which does not interact with our baryonic matter, much if at all. During his research he discovers that there is a whole universe of this ghost matter, and in fact a planet of it coexisting within Earth.

This planet gets tugged out of its orbit (I think by some large passing 'ghost world' body) and there is a whole sequence describing the scientist, who has since learned to see into this world, watching as 'people' and structures rise and fall out of our world due to the rotation of the ghost world.

I seem to remember that he eventually figures out how to communicate with them, and maybe even interact physically?

That's all I can recall, but I'd really like to recover that book. Any notions?

That sounds an awful lot like a Bob Shaw book "A Wreath of Stars"

A Wreath of Stars

Thanks, the capsule description at the link sounds very familiar. It's too short to be sure, but I'll be on the lookout for a copy now.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhin View Post
    Thanks, the capsule description at the link sounds very familiar. It's too short to be sure, but I'll be on the lookout for a copy now.
    I just posted in another thread that my favorite place to find old out of print books is biblio.com

http://www.biblio.com/search.php?aut...tars+&keyisbn=

Jim

From Amazon Used-Good Hardback for 2.76 delivered. I'm tempted myself, to replace my tatty Paperback.

"Ironically, for Gilbert Snook - who considered himself the human equivalent of a neutrino, a particle able to travel through the Earth without disturbing any other particle - it all started with the panic that followed the sighting of the anti-neutrino planet as it approached Earth. Earth was unaffected but Snook ended up in a small African Republic teaching English to diamond miners. Then the miners started seeing ghosts and Snook found himself at the centre of a bizarre and far-reaching scientific discovery - and in the middle of some very dirty political infighting"