Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Common sense ain't common Maiablackwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Er, was someone else going to reply...? Anyone could go say hi. Saliman's a nice guy, he doesn't bite.

Bard of Tending in Ileadh Maerad(",)'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Haha! Okay Maia

Journeying in the forest was a very tiring and draining thing to do. Plus, wandering around a city looking for a place to rest (not to mention a house to live temporarily) was no no to Eirwen's tired body. She gripped her filthy bag tightly, it will not be long 'till she finds a good place and a good person who'll going to accept her--she looked at the spare coins on her hand--money. She walked on and saw a garden, there was a man writing a letter there. Eirwen looked at him for a time, and then decided he's a good man. She approached and said to him "Excuse me sir.."

I do not know what and where and how to start so...

Blog Entries
    Saliman glanced up to see a girl approach him. She looked a little worse for wear, as if she had just been tramping through the forest. He stood immediately with a welcoming smile. All the more reason to be friendly. "Yes? May I help you?" In fact, she looked a little like Maerad. Then again, perhaps it was that she looked as if she had been attacked by a crazed squirrel; gadding about in the wilderness with Cadvan all day did have a tendency to do that...

Blog Entries
    The man before her was very brown, like the color of the burned bread. Eirwen wondered if he's a traveler too, because he's a bit different from other people. "Uhh.." Eirwen thought about her question, she somehow forgot about it suddenly. She looked around them "What do you call this city?" she asked, wondering, but then realized how stupid her question was and then said "I'm new in travelling..and..I think I'm lost." she added quickly, smiling awkwardly.

Blog Entries
    "Then it is good you found your way here," Saliman said. "It is a dangerous time to be alone on the road." He thought again of the Bards at Desor, and especially the one that had threatened Hekibel, but said nothing of them. "This is the School of Innail. The people here are good, and if it is solace you seek, you are sure to find it." He noticed the look she gave him and laughed. "As you might be able to tell, I was not born here. I come from..." he trailed off, feeling a fresh, sharp pang of grief for the beautiful School he had spent his childhood in. "I was born in Turbansk." Surely she would know of its fall, and Baladh's.

✫High Bard of the Reading ServalSpirit's Avatar
    Meanwhile, Hem was sitting blissfully by an enormous fountain, three fruits in hand and another six resting beside him. It was a lovely day, bright, sunny, and deliciously warm, and he closed his eyes to savor the gentle breeze caressing his face. Absentmindedly, he brought a pear to his mouth and bit into it. Ah, the wonder of peace. He had almost forgotten the wonderful food it brought. A faint mist splashed his face from the dancing jets of water and he smiled.

A sudden, very familiar squawk startled him out of his reverie. He jumped violently and loosed an anguished cry as two fruits fell into the pool. He grabbed wildly at them, but they sank deeper and deeper... beyond his reach. Irritated and soaked up to his shoulders, Hem leaned back onto his seat, cluthcing the other fruits protectively, and turned to look at the bird that had just landed on a nearby branch.

"What, Irc?" he demanded. "You just lost–"

The crow payed him no heed. A girl has arrived, he said excitedly. She is talking to Saliman. She has a shiny, shiny chain–

"Who is she?" Hem tried to ask, but Irc ignored him and continued to prattle on about the newcomer's necklace. With a sigh and a last, longing glance back at the fountain's depths, Hem stood and stretched. He might as well go and see who this person was.

Hey Maia, I though you were rp-obsessed! Posty post post....

Blog Entries
    Eirwen do not know how to react. Turbansk was a very happy and beautiful place, and what had happened to the School was a great lost to all, especially to those who live and grew there. She gently patted the man's back, "I heard what happened to the place. I am very sorry, friend." she said, trying to comfort him. She really do not know how to react in this kind of situation and she don't want to see people sad too, but she waited for the man to recover from whatever sadness he have inside.
    Last edited by Maerad(",); April 6th, 2010 at 11:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    I was waiting to see if Maerad(",) wanted to post... and it's a good thing I did! See, I'm obsessed, and I'm fair!

Saliman thought her reaction a little odd, but at the same time sensed her awkwardness, and said nothing concerning it. "With any luck, it will return to its former speldour one day," he said, smiling softly. "And with plenty of effort. But that is not the reason you are here, I think. Why are you lost? Are you in need of help?" He caught movement out of the corner of his eye and tilted his head slightly to see Hem coming towards the garden, although he didn't turn his total attention from the young woman. It would be impolite, especially since they had just met. Still, he gave a slight nod to Hem. It was possible that he (or even more likely, Irc) would burst into the conversation anyways, but that could be dealt with if, or when, it occurred.

Blog Entries
    Eirwen was about to answer "You already know the reason: forests are labyrinths of course!" but ignored about it, she just nodded. Telling about travelling and such would only bring up her past memories, the memories she wanted to forget. That's why she came here anyway, to forget and to live a new fresh life. Why start thinking about it all over again?

"Please, I need to know a place here in Innail where I could stay permanently, do you by any chance know some? Any decent place would be okay, and I would work for the owner, of course, that would be the exchange for their kindness." Eirwen suddenly felt a tingling sensation on her back, but ignored it.

Quote Originally Posted by ServalSpirit View Post
    She has a shiny, shiny chain
    OHH!! IRK = CUTENESS!!
    Last edited by Maerad(",); April 7th, 2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Mentioning the cuteness of Irk ;)

Blog Entries
    Saliman hesitated. He knew Innail, but not well enough to give her a reliable suggestion. "I'm afraid not," he said. "Although there are quite a few inns where you might stay for a while while we address the issue." He took the opportunity to let Hem into the conversation. "Hem, do you know of anybody around here who would let a person stay with them in return for work?"

Blog Entries
    *cough* HE-em!

I don't know what to say!

Hem shook his head, frowning, but Irc became very excited and flapped his wings in Hem's face to get his attention.

I know, I know! said the bird. She could sell things in the market! And stay with us!

Hem rolled his eyes and shook his head in despair. She has nothing to sell, he told Irc. Foreseeing his next question, he added, And I doubt she wants to sell her necklace.

He turned to the newcomer and spoke aloud. "Do you have special abilitites or talents that could be used in a particulat line of work? I could speak with my sister; she knows everyone around here. Or else–" Struck by a sudden idea, he stopped. "Oh, I know! If you don't mind traveling some more, Saliman and I are planning on heading soon to the South. There has been talk of rebuilding Turbansk, and we would like to help; maybe Maerad will come as well. I'm sure there would be paid work available...." He looked anxiously at Saliman, hoping he wasn't being too presumptuous. They had only just met this person, after all.

Blog Entries
    "It's a bright idea," Saliman said, mulling it over. Any difficulty they encountered on the way to Turbansk probably wouldn't come from one extra member in the traveling party; rather, it would probably depend on the route they chose. While it was true that they had just met this girl and didn't know her origins (or even her name), it would also be a while before they finished the necessary preparations made before leaving. In that time, they could find out more about her.

"It would probably be foolish to make any promises at the moment, but such a thing could certainly be made to work," he said slowly. "Still, the trip is not guaranteed to be without hazards, as you have probably learned if you've been traveling about Annar. But perhaps," he said with a smile, "you might be so kind as to introduce yourself, if we are to be future traveling partners. You know our names, and I've told you that I hail from Turbansk; Hem is from Pellinor. And this is Irc," he said, motioning to the white crow. "Watch any shiny valuables; he has a tendency to snatch them."

Blog Entries
    Saliman only mentioned his birthplace but not his name, but do not mind that anyway.

"Hem of Pellinor?" she exclaimed, she looked at Irk "and the White Crow?" she heard many Songs about them.. She looked at Hem, to Irk, then to Hem again and then Saliman. These are not ordinary people, these are Bards! her mind said sharply, They are not to be trusted. She remembered the Black Bards she encountered when she was a child. They are the ones who killed your only father! Eirwen thought she heard a slight noise and then came in again in reality.

"I'm sorry, My name is Eirwen, I'm from Elevé." she smiled sheepishly. "Oh but not in the School, just from the surrounding houses there... I'm not a Bard." she added mindlessly. She looked on the floor, "Your plan is wonderful. I will go with you."