Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Common sense ain't common Maiablackwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No, but Hem did.

Saliman saw the shadow of doubt that flickered across her face, and made a point of it to ask her why later on. Instead he nodded and said, "That is good. Perhaps in the meantime you could come and meet our friends; Hekibel, who we'll probably be traveling with when we go to Turbansk, Maerad, Hem's sister, and Cadvan, her mentor." He gave Hem the smallest of small winks as he said the word 'mentor', for lately the gossip of Innail had been that perhaps he was a little more than that now.

Bard of Tending in Ileadh Maerad(",)'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh,

"Sure thing," Eirwen said calmly, but deep inside her mind she's panicking. She followed the duo inside...

Blog Entries
    S'aight. Did Hem want to go next, or shall Saliman?

✫High Bard of the Reading ServalSpirit's Avatar
    Feel free to post absolutely whenever! I haven't RP-ed since I was eleven, so I never know what to write!

BTW, is Maerad ever going to post? It would be fun to incorporate her

Blog Entries
    It would be. Maybe we should incorporate some sort of rule where, if a character isn't played for a week (not counting things such as vacation, and the character simply not being playable at the moment in the RP) then someone else is allowed to take them. Not fo OCs, though. Just book characters.

Lol, you're doing well so far. Hmm. I don't really know what to post at the moment either... maybe, with Maerad(",)'s permission, we could skip to a little later, when Hem and Saliman introduce Eirwen to the others (meaning Cadvan, Maerad, and Hekibel.)?

Sounds good! I think the one-week thing is a good idea. Skipping would probably be good, too.

Wow, I just realized I used the word "good" three times.

Blog Entries
    Good for you!

It was a few hours later. Silvia and Malgorn had offered to prepare dinner for the newcomer, as well as Saliman, Hem, and Hekibel. They hadn't quite finished yet, but the guests had arrived early. At the moment they were sitting in another room, lounging about, waiting, and chatting.

"So," said Hekibel, "I hear we might have an extra voyager for our trip to Turbansk?" She gave the young woman a friendly, inquiring look.

...it was all I could write... brainfart...

Blog Entries
    hehe sry guys, i just don't know what i should write for maerad lol but i'll post something when i get home from school, i have to go catch the bus now

Blog Entries
    Eirwen saw a beautiful blond haired woman, probably Hekibel that Saliman and Hem was talking about..

"So," said the woman, "I hear we might have an extra voyager for our trip to Turbansk?" Hekibel looked at her warmly, but Eirwen thought otherwise, it might only be a mask. But she scooted over, "Hello," she said as polite as possible, she heard rumors that Bards could read your mind, so she tried to remove all negative thoughts she have and smiled.

"My name's Eirwen." she paused, "I am pleased to meet you." she added quickly, as her father would always say. "Thank you for inviting me here.." Eirwen thought she looked like a total weirdo in front of these Bards. She did not know how to interact normally anyway, she's just always quiet in the corner...Probably these Bards now think she's a freak and would decide to leave her here anyway..
    Last edited by Maerad(",); April 13th, 2010 at 11:17 AM.

Hem grinned. "I smell food." He thought this... Eirwen seemed harmless enough: She didn't have the Gift for one, and for two, she held herself insecurely, making her frame appear smaller than it was. He doubted she was a threat: She didn't even have a sword on her, much less a bow.

However, there was something in her eyes, something cold.... Was it fear, perhaps? Only it seemed different, closer to suspicion, or hatred....

Plainly this woman had a secret, and he felt it might be wise to remain wary. For now, he would merely watch.

Blog Entries
    "Why does it not surprise me that you're thinking about food, Hem?" Maerad teased walking into the room. She noticed that Saliman, Hekibel, Silvia, and Malgorn were alrady there. She greeted them each and as she greeted Malgorn, she noticed the new comer.

eh, that's the best i can do for the moment...

Blog Entries
    AUGH. I wasn't getting notifications that people had posted. Stupid site... or email... or whatever did it.

"Hem and food are like bees and flowers," Saliman laughed. "It's not often you see one far from the other."

Meanwhile, Hekibel was watching Hem and Eirwen closely. She wasn't a Bard, and perhaps not as perceptive because of it, but she thought she could sense the general gist of what they were both thinking. Hoping to disspell any discomfort in the room, she asked Eirwen, "So how did you come to Innail? Where did you live before? Your family doesn't miss you too much, I hope," she fretted a little.

Blog Entries
    Eirwen was busy wondering why the woman they call Maerad looked oddly familiar when Hekibel startled her again out of her daydream and asked her questions. This made Eirwen really uncomfortable, she felt many eyes watching her. I hate interviews! she thought nervously, What would they do to me if they found out that I ran away? Eirwen began to panic, Will they send me back to that cruel place?

Eirwen was anxiously thinking whether to tell the truth, or to make up a story, when she remembered again the Bard's abilities to read minds. She started to relax, so that they won't see anything dubious about her, "My family's all dead, lady Hekibel." she replied, looking down. She would rather be with these Bards than to go back to her place.

"We were living peacefully at Elevé back then, when my parents decided that we must move to another place. I don't know why, but they're very crucial about it." she bit her lip, "They said that we'll travel early in the next day, so I went to my friends' house to say goodbye. But when I came back... they're already lying dead on the ground." she paused, the image of Marr bloody was vivid in her mind.

"That's how they died, if you'll ask." she said and then paused, "I made up my mind that I shall never ever go back to that place again, and that I'll try forget what happened, all that terrible things...And so I traveled, but I got lost and found this place accidentally. That's how I came here." Eirwen finished.

She hoped that the Bards won't question her anymore, because it was very uncomfortable in her part. She felt a bit guilty for lying, but some parts of it were real anyway. But what of they found out...

Blog Entries
    Hekibel shook her head. "That's awful!" She wasn't sure whether the girl wanted to talk about it and get it off her chest, or whether she'd rather keep it to herself. In the end she said, "If you ever want to talk about it, I'll be here."

"We all will," Saliman agreed. He waited to see if she would say anything more. Malgorn discreetly left the room to go and see if dinner was ready. If it was, he could say so, and hopefully any bitter memories could be left behind when they went to eat.

I'm assuming we can use the unclaimed characters for small things as I just did briefly, since it doesn't really affect anyone else...

The horse with no name. Maximus's Avatar
    Running down a dream, working on a mystery...
    Btw guys, I haven't left or anything like that. Been reading all the new posts, waiting for an opportune moment to enter the RPG