Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Doctor Who Season 6: SPOILERS!

For those of you who are curious about the new series of Doctor Who – I’m here on behalf of BBC America to spread the word about the premiere. We’re kicking things off on Saturday, April 17 at 9/8c with an extended episode with limited commercial interruption. Also, at 8pm that night, we’ll be airing a special one-hour “Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide” that’ll introduce you to Matt Smith and Karen Gillan. Definitely worth a watch!

Ya, this is one of my favorite show. Thanks to BBC for bringing such a nice show. It is not only popular in U.K. as well as other countries.

I think I'm going to call April Fool's on this one.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nope: it's about right. [Not everyone gets 'April Fool's Day']

Which means that the UK has about two weeks head start before the US.

That'll make it New New New Doctor then!

[LATER EDIT]: Have now edited this to make it THE thread for the latest Doctor.

Here's a prediction I made on the blog with about a week to go.

There's been a lot of speculation and hyper-ventilated comments about whether the new series will be any good.

Here's my prediction: Yes it will be, and I'll go further to say that in time (admittedly not necessarily at the beginning) he will be one of THE Doctors for many.

I trust Steven Moffat THAT much.

Let's see if its true!

Mark
    Last edited by Hobbit; April 1st, 2010 at 04:20 AM.
    Mark

You're right.
    Sorry! First post, April 1st, no sleep and skepticism at work here.
    Now, where did I leave my hat...

Blog Entries
    Skepticism? Really? Not something we get much of at SFFWorld.
    *passes cup of tea*

Back to topic - I do think that the Doctor's in a safe pair of hands here, though: more than RTD in my opinion (not everyone will like that!) who could be annoyingly erratic.

And what I like about it most is that there does seem to be a return to a lot of the old values, but combined with the best of the new: which can only be good.

Confidence is such that the second series has already been commissioned and scripts being written (including one by a certain Mr Neil Gaiman.)

Mark
    Mark

I'm interested to see the new pair, truth be told. I know the companion's quite (i.e. rather) cute, but I share my mum's opinion that Matt Smith doesn't look like a Doctor.
    There's something about the way he looks, and I can't put my finger on it.

Blog Entries
    There's something about the way he looks, and I can't put my finger on it.
    No: I thought that was just a bloke's point of view, to be honest: I think the same about Robert Patterson too.

But I am trying to see beyond the looks. From what I gather, the looks are deceptive and (at least to start with!) he's like William Hartnell in a young body. Hence the older looking clothing.

Mark
    Mark

Hobbit, do you have Sky or any access to Sci Fi UK? Doctor Who feature length weekend
    I'll certainly be watching his first episode, but I'm really not expecting much. I stopped watching during one of the Tennant (I can't remember which, truth be told. I remember The Master, though. And I think I saw some with Catherine Tate. Or maybe just two or three with her), and I wasn't a big fan of Ecclestone.
    Well, time will tell, eh?

Blog Entries
    Hobbit, do you have Sky or any access to Sci Fi UK?
    Sadly not, Dwagginz. But to be honest, I've probably got most of them on DVD. Youngest Hobbit quite likes them, though the pace of the older ones is (understandably) slower. And anything with the Daleks in is a must.

Mark
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Sadly not, Dwagginz. But to be honest, I've probably got most of them on DVD. Youngest Hobbit quite likes them, though the pace of the older ones is (understandably) slower. And anything with the Daleks in is a must.

Mark
    That's a shame, but truth be told it's rare Sci Fi UK put anything decent on. I get an hour a week out of it So, when do we get Doctor Who? This weekend?

Blog Entries
    That's one of the reasons why I gave a Sky subscription up years ago: not enough there for me to watch justifying my subscription.

And I believe 6.20pm on BBC1 on Saturday is the place.... until 7.25.

Mark
    Mark

Alright, thanks Hobbit! I'll be sure to tune in or catch it on iPlayer.

Luckily I don't, personally, pay the Sky subscription, but we get the all-in-one (TV/Phone/Broadband), and it works out well for us.

Nerdlinger extraordinaire thehindmost's Avatar
    As long as the stories stay solid with the change in staff, only one thing will ruin this new series: the new Doctor being incapable of acting as silly and goofy as David Tennant. I hated Eccleston, and still haven't watched most of that season, but Tennant just captured the silly happy go lucky attitude perfectly. I hope the new guy can fill his shoes.

The White Gold Worshipper mrpolley's Avatar

Doctor Who Tonight

Sooooo.... anyone watching Doctor Who tonight? Any gripes about the new series? I can't wait!!