Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I haven't seen this latest episode yet, but I've seen the first three.

The first two were excellent, and I love the new cast. The episodes brought fresh ideas to the show - particularly the second episode with the Star Whale. The third episode was tripe and squeezed in only to satisfy that copyright.

Shame to hear that. I was looking forward to next week's episode - Churchill and Daleks and written by Mark Gatiss. It sounds like all the right ingredients. Fingers crossed that I enjoy it more than others.

It did have one redeeming quality - the Scottish scientist.

Watch out for the dismal portrayal of Churchill!

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    It did have one redeeming quality - the Scottish scientist.

Watch out for the dismal portrayal of Churchill!
    That guy was, weirdly, too fat to be Churchill.

I thought Churchill was very good, although the voice was slightly off.

I was watching on BBC HD and didn't get the Graham Norton pop-up, thank God. I think I would've probably thrown something at the telly!

And he was too happy to be Churchill.

Well, I just watched Episode... Is it four? Yeah, probably. The Weeping Angels one.

Spoiler:
    I don't like that enemy, truth be told. I find them boring and about as interesting as, well, a rock. But I suppose it was a good episode, although 30 minutes in nothing had really happened. I didn't see what next week's episode is, though, so maybe it's a continuation or something?

I just watched it too. It seems next week will be a follow-on, or at least I hope. I much preferred it to the Churchill episode.

Spoiler:
    The whole thing with Bob on the walkie-talkie was actually pretty scary.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just so you know:

The 'Over the Rainbow' trail in 'Doctor Who' should not have played out on Saturday and we apologise to all 'Doctor Who' fans whose enjoyment of the show was disrupted. We recognise the strength of feeling that has been expressed and are taking steps to ensure that this mistake will not happen again.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us with your concerns.

Regards

BBC Complaints
    Mark
    Mark

This most recent episode ended on such an obvious cliffhanger, how are you surprised next week is the continuation?

I was more confused by the lack of "Part 1" or something, which they generally use to show it's a multi-part episode.
    It'd certainly explain why it felt so slow, but oddly I'm looking forward to next week's episode.

Spoiler:
    Did anyone else think that a little bit of banter has left it open for Doctor/River Song episodes in the future? I'm wondering if Alex Kingston will do a Catherine Tate and do the odd companion stint/episode

A little bit of banter? It seems like everything they've done with River since she first showed up almost two years ago has been aiming at future episodes...little bit of banter makes it sound subtle. They're outright screaming it.

I've not seen her before in it.

Check out Silence in the Library and Forests of the Dead, Moffat's two-parter from Series 4. Also, if you haven't seen it, you may want to check out Blink, his standalone from Series 3 where the angels are introduced...though now that you've seen the angels that may lose a little of its impact. I still find it to be one of the best episodes of anything out there.

While you're on a Moffat spree, though it's not related to recent episodes, you may as well check out Girl in the Fireplace, which is also an excellent example of short-form SF in recent years.

I watched everything after Season 2 on/off. I think I watched Blink, which would explain why I'm not a huge fan of that particular enemy.

Won't have seen SitL or FotD though, so will have to wait for either TV repeats or a cheap DVD.