Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Tonight's episode was another goodun, in my opinion. Those angels are probably my favourite DW enemy - orginal and actually scary.

Just had episode 3 in Australia. It was okay. It had all the right elements but it didn't fit together perfectly for some reason. Definitely the weakest episode of the new series so far.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I realise we're running two timestreams here (almost like Lost!)

Got to admit that I thought Time of Angels a little bit of a disappointment. River Song is great and there's those little teasers there, the return of the Crack in Time issue (which is clearly the Dead Wolf of this series) but overall it was...... OK. Was hoping for more.

Still think these are better than most of the last series of RTD though.

Mark
    Mark

I watched Ep 5.
    Just more of the same, really. But oh my, Amy! How rude!

Blog Entries
    But oh my, Amy! How rude!
    The youngsters of today..... LOL. It was an interesting approach..... but I daresay will have annoyed a few.

Mark
    Mark

Agreed. But I suppose not every woman who falls for the Doctor will have/want a simply platonic relationship with him.

Plus what's to say they're "compatible"?

Blog Entries
    Don't think Amy was thinking that long term, to be honest. But your point about not wanting a platonic relationship perhaps brings the good Doctor into the 21st century. Not all will like that.

Mark
    Mark

Gentleman and Scholar Wulfa_Jones's Avatar
    Seriously, BBC will you please find a time and stick to it. Missed the first ten minutes of Doctor Who as it started at 6 instead of 6:20. So I decided to wait for it to pop up on iPlayer.

Then tried to watch it on iPlayer only for it to freeze.

Based on the first 10 minutes that I managed to catch before iPlayer froze, Matt Smith was excellent. I'm really pleased with his Who and so far, he is on track to surpass Tennant.

Blog Entries
    Not a fan of Toby Whithouse's Being Human, though I enjoyed this episode. Not everything is what it seems, I guess.

Mark
    Mark

Tasty or your money back! Moderator fluffy bunny's Avatar
    Ep 6 was alright but it may not stand up to a 2nd viewing. That trailer for episode 7 looked a little strange. Fingers crossed they'll handle it well.

I find myself missing the cheery side of Tennant although the current crop of storylines has been reasonably strong (Moffat's also been pretty brave to be so overt with the arcplot so early on). Amy's probably one of the doctor's better companions. River Song's arcplot is still intriguing- spoiler for ep 5
    Spoiler:
    So did she go to prison for killing the doctor in the future?

Just one issue -Moffat's episodes have certain themes and monsters that are starting to repeat themselves so I'm a bit skeptical as to whether he can keep up the quality over a number of seasons.

Does anyone know who's in charge of season 4 of torchwood? After Children of Earth, I really want to see where they take it.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffy bunny View Post

Just one issue -Moffat's episodes have certain themes and monsters that are starting to repeat themselves so I'm a bit skeptical as to whether he can keep up the quality over a number of seasons.
    Ah yes big sharp teeth, voices in the radio/other sound devices, girl that is haunted by scary monsters, Doctor promises to save her, when he returns lil girl is now an young attractive woman or lil girl haunted by monsters is key to solve the mystery!
    Last edited by Electronic6; May 10th, 2010 at 10:11 AM.

Tasty or your money back! Moderator fluffy bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Electronic6 View Post
    Ah yes big sharp teeth, voices in the radio/other sound devices, girl that is haunted by scary monsters, Doctor promises to save her, when he returns lil girl is now an young attractive woman or lil girl haunted by monsters is key to solve the mystery!
    dont forget his fondness for spaceships/places in the future being a mix of biorganic and metal parts. Guess we need a few episodes from the person behind 'the unquiet dead' (though we've already had one this season)
    Last edited by fluffy bunny; May 10th, 2010 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Not a fan of Toby Whithouse's Being Human, though I enjoyed this episode. Not everything is what it seems, I guess.

Mark
    The guy who wrote that (in my opinion) poor show wrote the latest ep? Wow, it actually wasn't too bad. I was rather skeptical due to the trailer going "ZOMG VAMPIRES", and I'm still not sure about the enemy. They didn't look very fishy to me, so I guess that annoyed me a little.

Next week's ep does look like it could be very good, but it also looks like it could be handled terribly, but I'm sure it'll be watchable at least.

Over all, 6 episodes in, I'm quite enjoying this new series. I think Matt Smith is damn good as the Doctor and has defied all expectations. He looks like he has a lot of passion for the role, just as David Tennant did before him.

Gentleman and Scholar Wulfa_Jones's Avatar
    I finally managed to catch the episode, most enjoyable. I had no real problems - some minor niggles, but overall I found it a highly entertaining.

I for one enjoyed the first season of Being Human, but didn't have the patience for the second season. I may catch up with it at some point though as it did have some interesting ideas.

Six episodes in and I'm quite happy with how Moffat is handling the helm. So far the general quality has been much higher than under RTD.

I really am loving Matt Smith - his delivery is top class. I am a little worried about Rory though...

Next week looks very ambitious, so could be amazing or awful!

No idea if anyone saw this, but...

Pratchett Ponders Doctor Who.
    Last edited by Loerwyn; May 11th, 2010 at 10:31 AM.