Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwagginz View Post
    No idea if anyone saw this, but...

Pratchett Slams Doctor Who.
    He didn't really slam or attack Doctor Who. In the end he admits that he watches the series and has a lot of fun with it.

What Pratchett said is that he feels that the show uses the "Makestuffupasyougo" to often and it due to that effect, the show is losing the Science fiction appeal. Which is true.

Changed it to "Ponders"
    You had a point, he didn't exactly attack it as such.

Wow, first to comment on this week's action? It wasn't bad, but a bit of a strange episode...

Spoiler:
    I think they could have tried to disguise the two worlds a bit better, but then again that dream in a dream "idea" was a bit clever and did put a good twist on it. I just can't shake it that the Dream Lord will be another recurring theme.

Wow, first to comment on this week's action? It wasn't bad, but a bit of a strange episode...

Spoiler:
    I think they could have tried to disguise the two worlds a bit better, but then again that dream in a dream "idea" was a bit clever and did put a good twist on it. I just can't shake it that the Dream Lord will be another recurring theme.
    I really liked this episode. Not to sure about the next two parter though...The guy wrote some really bad Torchwood episodes and 42(from Season 3 DW) isn't really that good.

Gentleman and Scholar Wulfa_Jones's Avatar
    I just loved this weeks episode.

A great episode and one of my favourites. Episodes set in little English villages always seems synonymous with Doctor Who.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Episodes set in little English villages always seems synonymous with Doctor Who.
    Or indeed 'The Avengers'.

Or even The Prisoner: The Village. Perhaps its a Brit thing.

Considering the writer wrote 'Men Behaving Badly' this wasn't bad. Pleased to see new villains appear, for a change.

Next week is, I understand, the return of an old favourite.

Mark
    Mark

The lady alien this week was oddly cute.

Ahem. Not a bad episode, certainly didn't feel 45mins long. Looking forward to next week

Thumb twiddle time.

Wow... That was weird. I didn't expect it to end like it did, although I guess I should have seen it coming. Won't go into it too much but I was a little confused:
    Spoiler:
    If the "light" from that crack erases things from time, how did the Doctor manage to get his arm in and have no problems? But wow, TARDIS shards!

Bit of a grievance with the next epsiode already, as they mispronounced Van Gogh. Even more annoying, the correct pronunciation was explained on another BBC show. If you've no idea what I mean, this will explain.

So then, ladies and gentlefolk, what did we think of this latest series?

I thought it was absolutely brilliant, personally. I think it's the first time since the new "reboot" (i.e. Ecclestone) that I've watched a whole series of Doctor Who.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fezes and bowties will now become fashion accessories.

Interesting, though there were places where the potential to really go somewhere... didn't.

Daleks were a wasted opportunity; as were the
    Spoiler:
    Baddies Alliance

but this was a much much better scripted series than in a long time, I thought. Certainly miles better than the majority of the last series.

Think Amy Pond's a nice looking girl, but her acting is limited.

Despite my grumbles, I've a hunch it will really take off in series two/six/thirty two (depending on which timeframe you're watching from...)

Mark
    Mark

A chuffing heffalump Chuffalump's Avatar
    Bowties are cool...

Blog Entries
    So is this!

(Hobbit said it was ok)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF_R5UJGt-g

Did anyone catch Doctor Who at the Proms? It's on iPlayer right now if you've access to it, but I don't think it's the full show. I've laughed so hard at it, and it's only half-way through.

Nothing is more sinister than a Dalek shouting "Do you want a cup of tea?"! One Dalek shouted at the conductor, and threatened him! "Ben Foster! You will play the Symphony of the Daleks!"

Bumpity bump.

So we've just had the linking-to-the-next-series episode, i.e. the Christmas Special, and I'm wondering what others thought of it.

Personally, I thought it made a refreshing change from the running-around-and-making-big-explosions episodes we've had since Ecclestone, and whilst it may have been a bit on the scientifically incorrect side (I believe the time travel and its results shouldn't have worked like it did that episode), I felt it was a refreshing story with Matt Smith once again being a great Doctor, but I do think Karen & Arthur took away from it in their brief appearances (It's not their fault, though, but I'm a bit perplexed as to why/how they changed costume).

Oh, and not to mention how Michael Gambon was utterly brilliant in it and stole the show. He was the perfect villain!

(It's not their fault, though, but I'm a bit perplexed as to why/how they changed costume).
    Amy & Roy were in the Honeymoon Room before entering the space ship.

It was a funny gag from the part of Moffat & Team, being DW a kids show.

If you still not getting, Amy & Roy decided to "play" Roman legionnaire and kinky police officer, on their honeymoon.