Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Custom User Title Typist
    Blog Entries
    "Listen, I don't know what a 'void skipper' is, and I have no interest where the cliffs of 'Pleiades' are, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt."

Jaren rocks up onto his haunches, fixing the weasel with a glare.

"Tell me more."

The weasel shook his head. "Faster to show you," he said, and with a blinding flash, Jaren felt the floor slip away.

He experienced a moment of sheer terror where he felt as if he were nowhere, that he had no substance, drew no breath, as if he simply did not exist. Then his feet touched solid ground, and the light faded from his eyes.

"Too bad you don't have a hat to hold on to," the weasel said as he watched Jaren's expression.

Custom User Title Typist
    Blog Entries
    Jaren stands, mouth stuck in a small 'o', as he glances around his surroundings with his eyes, not daring to move his body.

"Where are we? What are you? To wield such power, only to joke about headgear?"

"I'm Captain Wikkaburrikkatakattalotekkagotakka of the Forty-Second Prokulliate," the weasel said. "But most around here call me Wikkaburr," he added at Jaren's confused expression. Wikkaburr raised a small metal object. "And this thing? If you think that's impressive, boy are you in for a surprise or three."

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jaren wasn't paying too much attention to Wikkaburr. His eyes scanned a gleaming, flat horizon. Looking down, he realized they were standing on water. He patted the water's surface with one foot. It felt hard, hard as stone.

Custom User Title Typist
    Blog Entries
    Jaren cautiously took a few steps away Wikkaburr, only to find that the further he got away, the springier the water became, until he overbalanced, and fell head first into the water.

Wikkaburr watched with amusement, waiting for a few delicious seconds before explaining. "I can't keep the surface tension that strong for miles, my boy. Even Prokulliates have limits."

"You take me from captivity, then try to drown me?" Jaren sputtered.

"Sorry," Wikkaburr said with more than a hint of a chuckle. "You got a little more adventurous than I gave you credit for. Anyway, we have to be here to meet Aarhuun."

"Who's Aarhuun?" Jaren asked, pulling himself awkwardly onto the solid spot upon which Wikkaburr stood.

"Aarhuun is the protector or guardian of the worlds." explained Wikkaburr. Jaren just sat down with a might thump and almost fell in the water again. His head was spinning, weasles shouldn't talk especially weird one's like him, there was only one world and he needed to return to it.

"WHO DARE'S SUMMON ME! Oh Wikkaburr my old friend it is only you," said an old stooping figure that had suddenly appeared. "Have you brought another failed warrior for me to talk to have you."

Custom User Title Typist
    Blog Entries
    "I have indeed. Good choice, no?" Wikkaburr replies, watching Aarhuun slowly, slowly stepping in a small circle around Jaren.

The stooped, old figure suddenly stops, and puts his face far too close to Jarens for comfort, and whispering in a fittingly old, cracked voice. "Hrrrrm. How much do you like to ...travel?"

"You do realise," a honeyed voice purred from a darkened corner, "that he's not the one we sent you to get?"
    The weasel, shrugged, a difficult move for a four legged creature to execute and replied "So? He had the sword and he was in the right cell."

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jaren looked at the darkened corner, and stepped back until he hit against the cold, stone wall. At the sound of that honeyed voice, they were all transported back to that doorless cell.

The new creature, an ungodly mix between bird and dog, sauntered up to Aarhuun and eyed Jaren like he was tonight's dinner.

"Wait, wait. This is all so...fantastical! Will someone explain the nature of all this?" He waved at Wikkaburr, Aarhuun, the new creature, and the cell. "And what are we to do with Haganoth?"

Wikkaburr turned to Aarhuun, whose hands now glowed with dancing blue fire. "He shouldn't have been able to call us back," Wikkaburr whispered.

"And yet he has," Aarhuun said, eyes darting about the cell. "Shebata, your lack of faith seems to have once again proven our undoing."

The bird-dog-thing snorted indignantly, but looked just as warily vigilant as the others.

Suddenly, sparkling golden dust started to engulf them. Wikkaburr, Aarhuun and Shebata looked around in panic. For once since the beginning of this god-forsaken adventure, Jaren knew what was going on...

"Ah," spoke a gruff voice,"I see the effects of the hallucinogens are wearing off."

"Moderation would make your travels easier," he heard a feminine voice whisper.

Whirling images were slowly fading. Jaren knew at once his vision would return, once his spirit self settled within the physical body.

"Advance your mastery over this density through meditation and you might not turn a junkie." the gruff voice added.

The danger was real and now tangible, but what other choices did he have ...

<3starkcadvannicholas<3 AllegraBeloved's Avatar
    Other than the fate planned for him by Haganoth?

He turned to the three strange beings beside him and whispered "Look, I don't know who or even what you are but you are going to need to keep your mind closed and emotions locked away in your heart." He then turned back, he wanted to face the monsters he knew were going to appear after the smoke cleared.

"Excuse me, who was the one who acted drunk the last time he used the hallucigens?" The feminine voice barked.

"Yes, well...." The masculine voice stammered "At least I didn't go around half the court acting like a complete drug-addict."