Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lucky for me, I had no problem writing my lengthy novel. For that I feel blessed.

Good to see that I'm not the only one with problems with concentrating... I live at a boarding school, and there is never a quiet moment. Especially not when you almost hear every sound, and the one who lived in the room next to mine absolutely MUST listen to very, very, very load music when I've just come up with the most fantastic idea. Usually I forget it before I have found paper so I can write it down. So I'm really looking forward to my summer vacation, when I can stay at home and writing as much as I want, without any silly comments on my work, for example.
    Oddly enough, I get the most ideas at school... My books are covered with drawings, maps and small ideas.
    My main problem is that my stories are full of stereotypes, ideas that are used in hundreds of other books, and no surprising and original happenings. I'm working on that, though, and it seems to become better. Luckily! I've been very frustrated - wrote 180 pages one time, before I started reading through it and found out that it was the most unoriginal and predictable thing I've ever read... That was when I found out that writing was not as easy as I thought. I totally got the writer's block and didn't write ANYTHING for several months...

1) Dialogue "which is truly the hardest of task" the writer said

2)spellin

3) Also I tend to wander from one fantasy world right into anouther. i probably have notes in my computer for over 7 worlds with seven different magic systems, gods, main characters, and themes. Eventually i hope to run out of new ideas and begin to finish these old ones. which are so cool

originally posted by runebreaker
    3) Also I tend to wander from one fantasy world right into anouther. i probably have notes in my computer for over 7 worlds with seven different magic systems, gods, main characters, and themes. Eventually i hope to run out of new ideas and begin to finish these old ones. which are so cool
    I sympathize...

I had around 7 novel-concepts running around my head, all with different worlds. However, I managed to cull these to 4 or 5 so maybe, just maybe I can actually get around to writing these.

my life is less complicated - most of the ideas coming to me dont get past the *wait-this-is-like-somwhting-i-read* filter. so its generally 1 concept at a time, if that

My major problem, like many others is that I have a rough time finishing things off, I have grat ideas half-finished, begun, but I never tend to finish them. I guess i lack disipline.....

anyone got any good ideas?

All-powerful Dragonqueen Giroth's Avatar
    For me, it's trying to create a good plot, and characters, places, and creatures that all fit together.

So now I plan way ahead of time to get an exact feel in the books I write.

me main problem be the unruly bunch of orcs that make all the noise 'round me fortress... they be drunk all the time and, more often than not, find a couple of weaker goblins and kick them around! 'tis horrible, i tell ye, all the screamin' and whinin'.
    then i have to grab me axe, go outisde, insult them with harsh language, stroke me beard significantly and bruise a few heads. once they even called me a "whimsical old dwarf", believe you me, and i was depressed for the whole evening... i couldn't write anything! ho

All-powerful Dragonqueen Giroth's Avatar
    Heh heh

hmm...another orc rights violation.
    will it never end?

well, personally, i have nothin' 'gainst greenskins... ahem. but when they overdo it, i can go mad. i wanna rahn 'em dahn!
    but now, since it's the summer holidays, i pretty much have an empty house because my parents gotta work and my school's out for summer! but normally, yes, distraction is the main problem; petty things like homework, studying for the exams, preparing a reading essay... argh