Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Might not be thread for this, but Frey is in the Suvudu Cage Matches this year. Follow the link to see what happens when Frey meets, er, Napoleon riding a dragon. Anyone want to help me out?

I got your back man. Frey getting my vote now. But we need your help good sir. Kellhus (Bakker) is just barely ahead of Ray freakin Lilly. Go vote for Kellhus man!

On it. Never read PoN but never let it be said that I'm above a bit of vote bartering.

Emperor Abercrombie just wandered in. A few words on that blog of his could certainly send a couple hundred votes your way

Rogue Warrior
    I had to go vote for Captain Darian!

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdI View Post
    Emperor Abercrombie just wandered in. A few words on that blog of his could certainly send a couple hundred votes your way
    Yeah, but then he'd never let me forget it at Eastercon. I'd rather Frey died and I still had my pride

Rogue Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wooding View Post
    Yeah, but then he'd never let me forget it at Eastercon. I'd rather Frey died and I still had my pride
    Hey that ryhmes too, good job!

Chris, still have BLC to read, and also pick up The Iron Jackal, but just a quick question: as a lover of maps, one thing I'd love to see is a map of the world as the characters know it.

In any case, love your books, very glad I happened upon them!

I thought about it, but maps are sort of useless in the Ketty Jay books. They don't go to major cities in Vardia that often, and many of the locations in the book are too small to put on a map. Plus the vast majority of Samarla is entirely unknown to Vards. So you'd at best get a crappy overview map of Vardia and Yortland, and then spend half the time looking for places that aren't marked on it because they're poky little backwater towns. Plus, since everyone flies, it's not like there are that many roads to follow, and different craft travel at different speeds/fuel consumptions so distances wouldn't mean that much either.

I have a map, but as to putting a definitive one in the books: all in all, it's more trouble than it's worth for all concerned

I like to rock the party Corporal Blues's Avatar
    Any idea when The Iron Jackal will be published in the States?

No news on this yet, I'm afraid. It's up to Spectra. Will let you know when I do. Meantime, there's always Bookdepository.com...

I like to rock the party Corporal Blues's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wooding View Post
    No news on this yet, I'm afraid. It's up to Spectra. Will let you know when I do. Meantime, there's always Bookdepository.com...
    Cool, thanks for the info. I'll either have to be patient or go the book depository route.

Rogue Warrior
    I broke down and got Retribution Falls, I guess this'll be my first steampunk style book.

I read it a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the best page-turners I've read in quite a while.

Have now ordered all three Ketty Jay books from BD!

Rogue Warrior
    Yeah I have a feeling I'm gonna dig this series, and from what I hear each book is better then the last.