Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Thanks for the kind words, all.

Cannot wait for the Ace of Skulls, sad the series is ending but I can see why you want to tie it up at 4 books. One question though, is this the last we will see of the Ketty Jay universe , or is there a chance you may return to it in the future ?
    I honestly don't know at the moment. I'm only thinking as far as the end of Book 4. I'm not gonna rule out a return the universe, but I suspect I'd rather embark on something new. Time will tell, I suppose...

Just wanted to say happy birthday Chris!

And congrats on finishing up the series. Can't wait to be able to read the conclusion. Hopefully this October? Or have plans changed there?

Thanks

I gather from my editor that the release date is September now. Woo!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wooding View Post
    Thanks

I gather from my editor that the release date is September now. Woo!
    Never noticed that you replied.

Sounds great, really looking forward to it, and then hearing about whatever it is you decide to write about after. More in the same setting as The Fade, please.

Haha, sadly a Fade-world sequel is not on the cards anytime soon. That book broke my brain, I'm not keen to go back to it...

Meanwhile, just a quickie to announce that there's now an audiobook of Retribution Falls available, read by Rupert Degas, the Man Of A Thousand Voices who did Name of the Wind and so forth, and it's very ace. Available through Audible site or through Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Retribution-...mm_aud_title_0

Plug plug!

Another bit of news, as of Chris' blog, is that the US release for The Iron Jackal has been announced as March, 2014 and Ace of Skulls for August, 2014. So that's good news, even if it is still a ways off.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksbane View Post
    Another bit of news, as of Chris' blog, is that the US release for The Iron Jackal has been announced as March, 2014 and Ace of Skulls for August, 2014. So that's good news, even if it is still a ways off.
    It's very good news to finally have those dates, every time this thread has been posted in then I've hoped that it would be news on Iron Jackal. Definitely disappointing that we have to wait another 11-12 months, but I am thankful that we're seeing it at all, and at least the wait for Ace will be much easier. Thanks very much for the update Darksbane.

CHRIS WOODING - The Ace of Skulls (Tales of the Ketty Jay #4)

Cover art by Stephan Martiniere

http://www.martiniere.com/2013/01/ac...ulls-painting/

Rogue Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Symbolic View Post
    CHRIS WOODING - The Ace of Skulls (Tales of the Ketty Jay #4)

Cover art by Stephan Martiniere

http://www.martiniere.com/2013/01/ac...ulls-painting/
    Is this the UK cover? I thought I seen a different one somewhere.

This is a killer pic, this is how it should be done. Diggin this one. All these books had good art.

I don't remember seeing any other covers for Ace of Skulls. Couldn't find anything via a google search either.

I like it too, works well alongside the other covers. Can't wait to have it in my hands.

That is indeed the UK cover. Haven't seen any final art myself yet (with the lettering and everything) but that's the painting we're gonna use. I loves it, I does.

Rogue Warrior
    I don't remember seeing any other covers for Ace of Skulls. Couldn't find anything via a google search either.

I like it too, works well alongside the other covers. Can't wait to have it in my hands.
    Hhmmm, I guess I must have been thinking of something else then. My bad.

I've only read Retribution Falls so far, so I still have the next three books to look forward to.

Good job, Chris!

Rogue Warrior

Hhmmm, I guess I must have been thinking of something else then. My bad.

I've only read Retribution Falls so far, so I still have the next three books to look forward to.

Good job, Chris!

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is being shown around, although whether it is the actual cover isn't clear. Does look like it though:

Mark

Yeah, that's most likely it. Wouldn't be the first time a cover went out there without anyone showing it to the author...