Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksbane View Post
    I think it is Samandra Bree and Colden Grudge. And I don't know if I found it better, but it was at least just as good. Really can't wait for the next one... no more delays allowed, Chris.
    Yeah, I was kinda thinking Bree because of the outfit... but I was leaning towards Grist being the other one, so I thought Jez made sense considering the book.

But you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard View Post
    Yeah, I was kinda thinking Bree because of the outfit... but I was leaning towards Grist being the other one, so I thought Jez made sense considering the book.

But you're probably right.
    I read somewhere that it was them, but I can't remember where. Not 100% sure though, obviously. I'm sure Chris can enlighten us on this one, when he drops in again.

It's Bree and Grudge, although obviously it's the artist's interpretation, and not exactly how I picture them in my head...

no more delays allowed, Chris
    C.R.R.Wooding is not your bi-

Oh wait, yes I am.

*tugs forelock* I'll do my best, sirrah!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wooding View Post
    It's Bree and Grudge, although obviously it's the artist's interpretation, and not exactly how I picture them in my head...

Oh wait, yes I am.

LOL! A refreshing attitude, even in jest! You sir just earned another sale. Ima go find me a copy of ret falls.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wooding View Post

Oh wait, yes I am.

Good to know. I'll be sure to take advantage of this fact sometime in the future.

Anyways, saw another update on Chris' site. Apparently the Iron Jackal may remain in the new draft of the book after all. Chris also says that he has made decent progress. Chris, I assume that this means that this draft is turning out better than the first?

Just stumbled across Retribution Falls a week ago and it's a really fun read so far, about a quarter in. Was wondering if anyone knows of any other books like this, with the kind of Firefly-esque vibe going on.

@ Darksbane

Yeah, it's going much better so far. I'd just tried to wedge too much into it the first time round, and it was going all bloaty and out of control (well, bloaty in comparison to the last two, anyway). Chris no like the bloat.

The IJ is more than likely staying in. I'm actually writing the chapter when he/she/it first makes an appearance now, so it really depends on how it plays in the context of the rest of the story. If it works, then I don't have to change the title.

It would be nice if you don't have to change the title, because The Iron Jackal sounds great, so hopefully it works out. Awesome to hear that things are going well, and thanks for the update.

Having just finished Black Lung Captain , I can safely say Mr Wooding is on my "get giddy like it's christmas and I'm 5 years old" buy on day 1 list.

Retribution Falls and BLC are (along with Best Served Cold) likely my favourite reads of the last few years.

Can't wait for Iron Jackal !

Absolutely loved Retribution Falls, and cannot WAIT to pick up Black Lung Capatain. Just a matter of time. I found it a refreshingly good book, and quite akin to Firefly in some instances. I approve.

I finished The Black Lung Captain, hats off to Chris for making lightning strike twice. I loved it and am eagerly awaiting The Iron Jackal. I don't know if there are any plans afoot for this, but I'd love a map of Vardia.

I just finished "The Black Lung Captain, and all i can say is that i love it. I really like the charecters, and my favorite is clearly Crake, and his little Golem.

I really enjoyed seeing the return of the Century Knights in The Black Lung Captain and the fact that along with the ones we knew, we got a couple of others that were new to the readers. I hope this is something that continues in the series. They're kind of like Vardian superheroes.

Quagaar Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastard View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I enjoyed Black Lung Captain more than Retribution Falls. I think overall the character interaction was stronger ....
    just finished BLC and was going to write a few words but Bastard pretty much nailed it: i enjoyed RF, i _really_ enjoyed BLC.

a few random thoughts to add:

- very much liked the way the world opened up in BLC, felt like the Ketty Jay and crew were part of a large, sad and beautiful place. i think there comes a point in a fantasy series where you either 'feel at home' in the place or you do not. in BLC i very much did.

- as Bastard said, the character interaction really bloomed in BLC, and one got the satisfying comfort that each of them was very much an interesting individual in their own right, even Slag (the cat) which is no small achievement.

- appreciated that the ghost of 'Firefly' was not overbearing in BLC where it did, at times, feel that way in RF. my wife dropped RF because of this (we're big fans of 'Firefly'), she felt it was too close for comfort. not a problem in BLC i'd say, they've become their own people this time 'round.

i'm definitely on board for 'Iron Jackal', whether it morphs into something else or not. guess i'm just a bucklepunk fan-boy now!

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    guess i'm just a bucklepunk fan-boy now!
    Yea: go bucklepunk!

Mark
    Mark