Enemy Glory by Karen Michalson

has anyone read this before? I found it at one of my local bookstores, and its out of print, but you can get it for very very cheap online. I am LOVING the story and writing. A great anti-hero, great writing, and its not your typical "epic" fantasy. There is also a sequel called Hectats(sp?) Glory. I am only hundred something pages in, so I am not sure how it will continue, but so far so good. It's also told from first person, and I can really feel for and identify with the character.

Based on the views, and lack of replies, I will take that as a fat...NO. lol

Donte84, that's the book I've been looking for! I remember seeing this book when it first came out and thought it sounded like a good read. But for one reason or another, I never got around to buying it before it went out of print. But there was something about this book that stuck in the back of my mind. I had forgotten the title and only remembered that the author's last name started with an M. For the past 5 years I'd search off-and-on through the M's in the SF/F section of local bookstores to see if I could ever find this book again. Thanks for bringing it all back to me. I'm going to order a copy and finally get a chance to read it.

Sweet!, someone else out there actually knows about this book. It was supposed to be a trilogy, but due to lack of sales, there are only 2, BUT, I emailed the author, and she said she just recently got the rights back from TOR, and that she is going to launch another website, and use that as a platform for a third Enemy Glory book. I haven't read Hecates Glory yet, but the reviews I read, they say its even better then Enemy Glory. I love Llewelyn, his thought process is so funny/mean to me. see ya

I think I know what you mean about low sales. As far as I could tell by online search, the second book started as a hardback but was never published in a paperback edition. Since Michalson now owns the rights, do you know if she is intending to republish books 1 and 2 prior to #3?

Not sure..she didn't mention it in the email, but the first 2 are so easy to find online, I don't think she would go through the trouble of re-publishing them, but, you never know. Also, she says that even though all 3 aren't out yet, that Hecates Glory ends solidly, without a cliff hanger, so all the plot is takin care of in the first 2, with an ending that can still have possibilities for a third.
    Last edited by Donteb84; August 5th, 2010 at 09:08 PM. Reason: more to say..

As to thre books, I have the first book. i got it quite some time ago. i never knew the name of the second book, Hectates Glory...Thank you.

I too would like to know if she will re-release these books?? Here in Montreal...it is hard to get used books!!

Can anyone find out?

I can try to email the author again and ask her. If you go on amazon though, you can very easily find the books used. I just got Hecates Glory in the mail a couple days ago, in very good condition.