Thread: Limbo....

Blog Entries

Limbo....

Do any of you find yourself in limbo?

What I mean is that you have finished your latest piece of work. well the creative part of it, and find yourself at a loose end fingers dithering over the keyboards?

Yes I have to re read the latest offering to the vengful gods of publishing. Edit, correct and prepare covering letters, synopsis etc.... But the burst of creativity that seemed to fill you and consume each precious moment at the machine has gone.

Do you find yourself stumbling for the next idea? Going over half written pieces taking them apart and merging them?

in four words, yes

Nope. No problem with ideas here. In fact I have too many of them. I though up a million things my character can do next, and then a million more after he's done that. But I do tend to find myself fingering the keyboard after ten words. Why? Because I have so many ideas, I cannot be bothered to fill in the blanks and boring bits. Creating conversations, riddles, side-quests. If it was up to me, some character would start hacking away at a thousand big army, and would not stop until the end of 400 pages. Then I'd make him say something cool, and kill him off. Cool I think I might just do that. Even if it will be total bollox

Gab, the egyptian were-hungry-for-action-beginner-writer-monkey

I frequently find myself in limbo after completing a story.

I recently put a lot of work into re-writing a story of mine (the one that was posted on this site actually). I think the plot is more interesting than before, but it still needs a lot of polishing before it will be ready to submit again. However, I am sick of the story by this time. Every time I read it it seems worse to me, and I find myself unable to complete the rewriting stage.

The creative part of writing a story takes a lot out of me, and then it's hard to spend the time needed to go over it and polish. Sometimes no combination of words seems to sound right and I get very frustrated.

Maybe the key to overcoming problems like this is to have a few different projects going at any one time, and switch to a new one every time I get bored.

No, I never find myself in limbo. If I run out of steam on one story I usualy switch to another, I have six or seven in the works at a time.