New books in the Harry Potter Series

Does anyone know if Goblet is the last one? ive heard that it is but i havent heard that rumour confirmed. i hope its not the case.

Back in Cairns enjoying the onset of Summer
    NO NO NO - its not the last.

Number 5 is very eagerly anticipated by me and millions of other fans I suspect. I heard there was going to be one book for each of Harry's years at Hogwarts, which would make 7.

I think I vaguely recall something about "Phoenix" in the title of the next one - but I could be completely wrong with that.

The title is "The order of Phoenix", no publishing date is set yet, but first half of 2003 seems a safe bet.

I live in my own little world . . . or one of its suburbs.
    Yes. I, too, will be in line with a billion other eight-year-olds when Order of the Pheonix is released. I am eagerly awaiting its release. But Rowling needs to hurry it up. I'm getting impatient.

Back in Cairns enjoying the onset of Summer
    Thank you Barbarossa - my memory wasn't leading me astray after all it seems.

Re: New books in the Harry Potter Series

Originally posted by Spawfonk
    Does anyone know if Goblet is the last one? ive heard that it is but i havent heard that rumour confirmed. i hope its not the case.
    You're kidding, right?

not only does the plot disallow this, there's also the question of $$ - Rowling would be strange if she stopped writing HP now when it's bringing in such heaps of cash

The Order of the Phoenix should be out next year around this time from what I'm hearing.

well thanks for clearing that up for me guys. someone told me after the 4th came out that it was the last one or something. Its been a long time in the making huh?

The Betrayer of Hope Elan Morin Tedronai's Avatar
    I heard the same. I find somewhere that book six will be in late 2003 and will have something like Dragon Flame Torch or that sort of...

A fifth Harry Potter book is now out. Unfortunately for HP fans, it's only available in China. Here's the first few lines from the book (translated from Chinese):

Harry doesn't know how long it will take to wash the sticky cream cake off his face. For a civilised young man it is disgusting to have dirt on any part of his body. He lies in the high-quality china bathtub, keeps wiping his face, and thinks about Dali's face, which is as fat as the bottom of Aunt Penny.

Ha ha, makes me wonder if it's as good as Michael Gerber's Barry Trotter and the Unauthorized Parody.