Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastard View Post
    id definitely buy that for my mom as a present if i was rich

Reading this post made me think, "Wow! That's a lot of money to spend on series. I sure wouldn't go that far with my fandom."

Of course, then I realized I would gladly allow Brandon Sanderson to impregnate my girlfriend for writing the Mistborn trilogy. So carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard View Post
    Yeah. Maybe in my next life I can get it

Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevant View Post
    Reading this post made me think, "Wow! That's a lot of money to spend on series. I sure wouldn't go that far with my fandom."

Of course, then I realized I would gladly allow Brandon Sanderson to impregnate my girlfriend for writing the Mistborn trilogy. So carry on.
    LOL, golden. I'd probbaly make the same offer to Richard Morgan so i cant say much.

I've spent a total of about 8 dollars on the potter books. I got the lot of them at a garage sale last month for 15, but I sold 2 DVD's for 7 dollars.

LOTR is easily the most I've spent on a series. Special addition dvd's and bluerays, at least 4 or 5 video games, graphic novels, the old animated film etc etc etc. Probably near 700 or 800 dollars.

I like to rock the party Corporal Blues's Avatar
    I haven't spent too much on Harry.

I got loaned 6 of the 7 books, only buying the seventh. I got that, a UK first edition, at Goodwill for $2.

I've seen all the movies, but only a few in theaters, so maybe another $30 dollars there.

So less than $40 all together.

I own a copy of all the books, only Deathly Hallows in hardcover... which means I need to buy the other 6 again. Preferably, I'd like to have the UK versions, so I may need to just bite the bullet buy the boxed set.

I've also bought my wife two of the corollary books (about quidditch and animals, it's a small set) and a Hermione doll. Altogether, probably less than $100 USD.

Zero. I read the first four in various free formats (library, friend, bookstore cafe) but I had no interest in buying them. I would have loved them if they were around when I was growing up, but I wasn't too impressed with them as adult reading.