Any way the wind blows... Colossus's Avatar

Writing Software

If this subject has already been discussed here please feel free to direct me to the thread. Otherwise...

I'd like to get some opinions on some of the writing apps I see available. I have been looking at Power Structure ( http://www.write-brain.com/ ) but I don't care for the $170-$200 (US) price tag. Does anyone here use any of these kind of apps? Do you think they are worth the money? Are there any "Freeware" or "Shareware" apps out there that are any good?

I would love to get your input.

I use Word 97 and it's just fine. Those ones you're talking about probably have extra things you'll never need or they have a manuscript conversion tool or something, which you could do yourself. Word Perfect has been reccomended in these forums.

Hi Colossus, I was looking at that programme too. I downloaded the demo but haven't had time to get right into it yet.

it seems it is focused on structure to keep tabs on all your charactors and references. I think it could be a usefull tool to have, just not sure if I want to shell out the $ for it just yet though.

I am not acquainted with the problems relating to writing software so my advice may not make sense to you, but I know there are very performing variants on "notepad" which you can find on www.zdnet.com, or on www.cnet.com.
    I suppose you could then just put your text in Word 97 or something for the finishing touch.