Threaded View

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andols View Post
    thats a great name, nice one. how far into technology do we want the panmortians to go?

My own preference would be as low tech as possible; long distance communication by telegraph lines/morse code, a network of small gage railroads with steam powered locomotives, river commerce by paddle-wheel/sail steamers, and perhaps very fragile glider type flyers powered by a sputtering internal combustion engine... everything would be first generation, unreliable and not very pretty.

For the most part Panmortium would still be an agrarian society, with all the superstitions/ignorance and charm one would expect. I guess if you imagined America between 1800-1850 that would be similar.

Again, this is just my own preference I'll toss out there; I think it might be cool if we stayed clear of English themed Magic/Steampunk and went for a more neoclassical look, sort of like stepping back to Classical Antiquity and lending them some industrial know-how.
    After all, most of our Western Culture, including Christianity, are built on Greek philosophy and ideals. Our modern approach to science and discovery is rooted in Hellenistic advancements.
    Last edited by Sparrow; September 8th, 2010 at 07:23 AM.