Did they make a full size paperback version of Brent Weeks Night Angel Trilogy?

Im a pretty picky reader and absolutely hate hardcovers and mass market paperbacks but I really want to read Brent Weeks Night Angel Trilogy once I finish The First Law trilogy. I see its only available in Mass Market PB or a big hardcover omnibus right now but was it ever printed in a regular size paperbacks?

thanks

I'm pretty sure that one was released strait to mass market. Sorry.

I did see a Hardcover omnibus once, but that doesn't help you.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not quite sure what you mean here, hatchet: the 'normal' paperback is the Mass Market Paperback.

So by full size, do you mean Trade Paperback? The one that's the size of a hardback but with a cardboard cover? If that's it, then, no, there were no editions like that.

There in an omnibus HB edition available from the American SF Book Club.

However Brett's first, only official, 'full size', Hardback edition is The Black Prism which is due out any day now.

Does that help?

Mark
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean here, hatchet: the 'normal' paperback is the Mass Market Paperback.

So by full size, do you mean Trade Paperback? The one that's the size of a hardback but with a cardboard cover? If that's it, then, no, there were no editions like that.

There in an omnibus HB edition available from the American SF Book Club.

However Brett's first, only official, 'full size', Hardback edition is The Black Prism which is due out any day now.

Does that help?

Mark
    I guess im referring to a trade paperback although I have a ton of them that are nowhere near the size of a hardcover edition but also nowhere near as small as a mass market. Something the size of Joe Abercrombies First Law trilogy in paperback is optimal.

I thought the usual progression was hardcover -> trade -> if it does well enough mass market. Its just personal preference since I find hardcovers unwieldy and mass markets tend to have smaller print which can be difficult on the eyes in a super long reading session.

Ill just have to suck it up though and pick up the trilogy in mass market, at least its only like $15 on Amazon!

thanks

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In which case the answer's easy: there was no trade paperback edition, either in the UK or the US.

Orbit not only made the unusual step of publishing straight away in mass market paperback, but also each novel a month apart. (Usually its at least six months and often longer.)

Did seem to work though!

Pleased we've sorted this for you, even though it's not really a solution!

Mark
    Mark

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    I (in the U.S.) got the imports of the First Law trilogy. The British format seems to be larger, but don't know if those were UK tpb, or what exactly.