Is it hard to get used to the names in Prince of Nothing?

I have seen some of the names in the books, and some of them seem so long and confusing and similar. How hard is it to get used to the weird names, did any of you have issues with it?

Frankly not, but I have read quite a lot of history. The stranger names have a lot in common with babylonian, assyrian and similar names. I usually don't have any problems with names, and especially when they are inspired by real names in history.

I think you get used to them, as they in truth aren't that strange, many have nicknames aswell.

It never entered my mind algernoninc's Avatar
    i for one was not very happy with the names: too many of them sounded identical or differed by only one letter. with such a huge cast there was not enough to differentiate clearly between them.
    I was thinking of re-reading the first three books before starting on the new series, but there are so many new books, i don't know when i will find the time.

To be honest, the names of the important characters stick, while the lesser names (see what I did there?) often get mixed up by me. However, there is a glossary and index of names in the back of the book, which is very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    while the lesser names (see what I did there?)
    Brilliant!

Haha, good one Btw, I LOVE the names in Bakker's books. I mean, Anasurimbor sounds so grand, and then you have the Inchoroi, Mog-Pharau, Golgoterath, etc. etc. which sound all kinds of awesome.

Data Error
    The names were a bit different at the start of the first book but by the time I was rounding the bend into the second offering things were more or less cleared up for me.

The trick is to figure out which of the names are actually important to the storyline (Proyas, Conphas, etc etc) and just use those as your literary landmarks. If that doesn't work there are appendixes to check out, especially in the third novel.

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    I've heard this complaint before, but honestly I never had a problem with the names. I guess they were a bit strange, but so are most fantasy names!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    To be honest, the names of the important characters stick, while the lesser names (see what I did there?)
    No.

The nobles in the Holy War are devided into Great and lesser Names.