Thread: Spy Novels

Spy Novels

My dad's birthday is in a few days, and I'm looking to get him a few books. He's a fan of spy novels like Ken Follet's Triple and Alex Berenson's The Faithful Spy. Unfortunately, the only spy novels I've read were recommended by him, so I need some recommendations. I don't know everything he's read, but I know that he recently read a novel by Daniel Silva and enjoyed it up until the end, which he found to be enough of a let down that he's not interested in more Silva novels. Providing it's not super obvious, though, I think it's a safe bet.

Writer by Profession BettyCross's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evil Hat View Post
    My dad's birthday is in a few days, and I'm looking to get him a few books. He's a fan of spy novels like Ken Follet's Triple and Alex Berenson's The Faithful Spy. Unfortunately, the only spy novels I've read were recommended by him, so I need some recommendations. I don't know everything he's read, but I know that he recently read a novel by Daniel Silva and enjoyed it up until the end, which he found to be enough of a let down that he's not interested in more Silva novels. Providing it's not super obvious, though, I think it's a safe bet.
    Is he familiar with John Le Carre? I've only read Carre's first one (The Spy Who Came in from the Cold) once at the beach, when there was nothing else of interest on the shelf at the time share, but when I was done my reaction was, "Hey, that's pretty good."

Betty Cross

You can't go wrong with Adam Hall's "Quiller" spy novels.

Look at
    Looking for Good Spy Fiction
    Espionage thrillers

You might also want to check out Six Days of the Condor. There's a fairly well known movie based on it Three Days of the Condor with Robert Redford and Faye Dunaway. Haven't read the book but the movie is very good.

Ref:Spy Novels

Quote Originally Posted by The Evil Hat View Post
    Hi all. I am new here. Thanks for the novels.I,ll read them.

Carl Alves
    Ken Follet's The Needle is the best spy novel I have ever read. All of Follet's stuff is top notch.
    Carl Alves

Talking Spy books

Some of these sound pretty interesting and thrilling to read. Question does anyone thing SPY novels will ever come the level of SCIENCE FICTION OR FANTASY? To me it seems fantasy and science fiction are more popular.