Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidmyster View Post
    you all need to jump off the hate wagon.
    I choose what i read and watch, i didnt ask whether i should watch it or not.

i really liked the first book so i ill read the second.

thanks again to those who answered my actual question.

Neither the books or the tv show are worthy of anything so strong-felt as hate... a glancing amusement is all they get from me.

Same. Goodkind himself is a bit more deserving of hate, but still remains bellow my radar. You can lower the Sword of Righteousness now.

trolling > dissertation nquixote's Avatar
    Well, maybe they are not worthy of hate, but they can have mine anyway. Don't hate on my hate, you hate-haterz!

you all need to jump off the hate wagon.
    Maybe I do, because right now it's exploding in green flame as it barrels down the mountainside right toward your house!

My God, I miss the early days of the internet.

I even re-read them up to temple of the winds trying to hate them but I couldnt. They are fine and stand up to plenty of other mid tier fantasy in my mind.

Goodkind as a human I'm not a real fan of but I rarely judge my entertainment on how I feel about the creator.

Quote Originally Posted by Andols View Post
    I even re-read them up to temple of the winds trying to hate them but I couldnt.
    You just lack the right perspective for true Haterism, Andols! The key is to get pissed at how the popularity of the books exceeds their quality...we Haters aren't pissed at crappy books, we're pissed that crappy books sell 10 million copies while good books languish in obscurity!

Perhaps we could write a Hate Equation:

Hate = -k*popularity/quality ; popularity>0, quality<0

where k is a positive constant, and popularity and quality are mean 0 across the entire set of books.

Quote Originally Posted by nquixote View Post
    You just lack the right perspective for true Haterism, Andols! The key is to get pissed at how the popularity of the books exceeds their quality...we Haters aren't pissed at crappy books, we're pissed that crappy books sell 10 million copies while good books languish in obscurity!

Perhaps we could write a Hate Equation:

Hate = -k*popularity/quality ; popularity>0, quality<0

where k is a positive constant, and popularity and quality are mean 0 across the entire set of books.

wow funniest formula i've seen in awhile.

AND, you haters are assuming those folks reading SoT would enjoy your "good books" more than their current readings which may not always be the case.

SoT is readable for a variety of reasons, at the very least it will make other books seem better

Quote Originally Posted by Andols View Post
    AND, you haters are assuming those folks reading SoT would enjoy your "good books" more than their current readings which may not always be the case.
    Actually, I'm not assuming that. It's more fun to think that SoT fans are just sucky suckheads.

can someone tell me why they didnt like the first book?
    none others tho im only on the second.

can someone tell me why they didnt like the first book?
    none others tho im only on the second.
    Pointless graphic depictions of sexual torture

Poor writing with weak characters

Quote Originally Posted by nquixote View Post
    Pointless graphic depictions of sexual torture

Poor writing with weak characters
    Magical removal of testicles.

The 'hero' punishing an eight-year-old child who says nasty things by removing a significant portion of her face with his boots.

The book's odd preoccupation with vines at the start of the book.

A cliff-face being simultaneously 'sheer' and also having a large path running along it.

The principle bad guys having their names lifted simultaneously from Terry Brooks and George Lucas.

Many other elements, expanded on in this superb review.

The series definitely falls into the 'so bad it's good' category. Some of the stuff Goodkind pulls (mostly in the later books) is hernia-inducingly hilarious in their awfulness.

creatorofPreten
    Many other elements, expanded on in this superb review.

I read the review, and it's hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

I have been afraid to try any of the books because of the things I have heard about them. I've seen a few episodes of the tv show, and just that alone was too much for me to handle. LOL

Although I did like Kahlan.

What makes Sword of Truth bad?

1. He kills off or cripples all your favorite characters in the first book.

2. Graphic depictions of rape and incest.

3. 8 year old girl trains and becomes a ninja by running around on her tippy toes and chasing cats.

4 16 year old boy becomes the best war strategist and general alive, with zero experience.

5. 16 year old run away, naive, virgin princes, becomes a sultry super sex wife to some 12 ft' horse demon.

6. 16 year old virgin, sultry, sex princess gives birth to her baby dragons and takes over the continent that she fled to.

7. A witty dwarf. <-- i actually like him

8. The book's odd preoccupation with winter and cold.

9. The whole story being a complete rip-off from war of the roses.

10. Total and complete lack of a hero. There were a couple possibilities, but they're all dead now. Seriously, who is the hero?

Wait, I might be thinking of a different book.

Andolis, would you be kind enough to name a few "mid tier" fantasy writers that Goodkind is superior to?

teahupoo, you are hilarious. Although, not for the reasons you think, I fear ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by teahupoo View Post
    What makes Sword of Truth bad?

1. He kills off or cripples all your favorite characters in the first book.

2. Graphic depictions of rape and incest.

3. 8 year old girl trains and becomes a ninja by running around on her tippy toes and chasing cats.

4 16 year old boy becomes the best war strategist and general alive, with zero experience.

5. 16 year old run away, naive, virgin princes, becomes a sultry super sex wife to some 12 ft' horse demon.

6. 16 year old virgin, sultry, sex princess gives birth to her baby dragons and takes over the continent that she fled to.

7. A witty dwarf. <-- i actually like him

8. The book's odd preoccupation with winter and cold.

9. The whole story being a complete rip-off from war of the roses.

10. Total and complete lack of a hero. There were a couple possibilities, but they're all dead now. Seriously, who is the hero?

Wait, I might be thinking of a different book.
    So you just picked a random thread to bash ASOIAF? I must admit though, a remarkable troll attempt. A whole 10 point list with a sentence before and after. Is it as much fun as you thought it was going to be?